The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Carb Rebuild Service  (Read 2532 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Kendog

  • Project Jeep (Newbie)
  • *
  • Posts: 21
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Still Plays With Jeeps
    • View Profile
Carb Rebuild Service
« on: January 19, 2012, 03:39:09 PM »
Any recommendations for quality carb rebuild services? I hate to hire this stuff out as I've done many other machines/tractors, but time is limited and need to consider some things hired. Thank you, Ken

Offline aboyandhisdog

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 760
  • Karma: +0/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Carb Rebuild Service
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 06:02:46 PM »
From the description of the rebuilt Carters that they offer, Kaiser-Willys sounds like they know what they're doing, but I can't say first hand.

I had a TERRIBLE experience with Willys-Overland, and will never do business with them again.  Had to finish the rebuild myself, which I rather enjoyed but was not what I originally signed up for.  To their credit, they did give me a full refund.
Tom


Offline johnnybravo

  • Willys Fan
  • **
  • Posts: 96
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Still Plays With Jeeps
    • View Profile
Re: Carb Rebuild Service
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 09:56:09 PM »
Also, you might want to ask on g503, CJ2A and CJ3B and broaden your inquiry.  Some where I remember reading about a trade out program, you send $$$ and your old one and they send you a re-built Carb.  Almost forgot, Steel Soldiers.  For some reason, I am thinking it is not a company but an individual retired.

Good luck.
USAR Vet, Retired. MB, GPW, CJ2A, CJ3A, CJ3B, '47 WO 4x4 Trk, '47 WO 4X2 Wagon

Offline RussellL

  • Willys Fan
  • **
  • Posts: 64
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Still Plays With Jeeps
    • View Profile
Re: Carb Rebuild Service
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 01:02:42 AM »
Walcks has someone they send carbs to that does a good job.  When you get it back it will be like new.  New bushings for the throttle shaft and everything.  It is likely that you will actually receive a different rebuilt carb which speeds the turnaround.  We sent my brothers yf carb to them last year and it came back in fine shape.  Our carb had a slightly non standard linkage on it which we didn't know at the time and they even took it off and put it on the carb that they sent back to us.  

Offline Gunslinger

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 942
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Cj3a, M38A1,
    • View Profile
Re: Carb Rebuild Service
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 04:23:12 PM »
Gopher 4X4 rebuilds carbs, get ahold of Louie Larson in Bloomington MN, he's in the book.
Climbs trees, hides in the long grass, hangs out with wet dogs...