The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: 59' FC-150 value  (Read 2027 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Comanche_County

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 252
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
59' FC-150 value
« on: October 07, 2011, 04:02:24 PM »
I posted this on Jeepforum, but I thought I'd put this question up here since you guys are much more knowledgeable on the old Jeeps than I am.  I'm thinking of getting this one but can't quite swing the asking price,  I could but I don't want to get into deep water with another build.

Its a 59' FC150.  The owner was asking 4.5K.   He let me test drive it which was really fun.  Its slow getting up to speed (normal), its an F head 134 that runs good, has been rebuilt, T90/D18 - no PTO or overdrive, good brakes, just kinda cramped.   Few dents, no bondo, straight bed, minimal rust, fully and regularly serviced.  I think at 4.5K its a little high, and 3K is about right.  Anyone have any thoughts?   I do think its a great restoration candidate.











Georgia President of the International Flat Fender Club

Offline Gunslinger

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 942
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Cj3a, M38A1,
    • View Profile
Re: 59' FC-150 value
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 06:27:24 PM »
I guess it depends on what you want when your done, I think 3 might be tight for me.  Lots to do on the detail stuff.
Climbs trees, hides in the long grass, hangs out with wet dogs...

Offline Comanche_County

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 252
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: 59' FC-150 value
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 02:43:46 AM »
Yeah, I cant quite do 4.5K even though its a runner. I think its worth 2-3K max......and 2-2.5K realistically.   I'd like to know what these go for fully restored though.
Georgia President of the International Flat Fender Club

Offline Gunslinger

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 942
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Cj3a, M38A1,
    • View Profile
Re: 59' FC-150 value
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 11:08:46 AM »
There is a web site you can try, www.ewillys.com, its a meta search engine that the guy set up to troll other for sale sites for old willys, lots of good stuff on there. I just looked last night and he's got a few real nice FCs and a couple bangers as well.  Give it whirl it seems like a safe site, I go there often and have never had a problem.
Todd
Climbs trees, hides in the long grass, hangs out with wet dogs...