The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Clutch Fork  (Read 2423 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline TomJ

  • Willys Fan
  • **
  • Posts: 72
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • '51 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Clutch Fork
« on: September 21, 2011, 08:10:25 PM »
Hi all:

Working with what I got on '51 CJ3A and I'm putting the clutch fork and clutch assembly in.  It seems however that the people that put the transmission back together put the spring bracket for the slide assembly on the transmission shaft in the wrong place.  The bracket is on the top bolt which makes the slide on the shaft 90 degrees out of line. Here's a couple of pictures of what I got, shouldn't the bracket be on the lower side bolt?

thanks guys....Tom



Offline rocketeer

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1328
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Support Our Troops.
    • View Profile
Re: Clutch Fork
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 09:56:13 PM »


Larry

Offline Carls_jeep

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1746
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • ...
    • View Profile
Re: Clutch Fork
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 10:03:16 PM »
Also, put the clutch release fork in before you stab the tranny in because you will create some new cuss words if you don't.

Offline macrisel

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 639
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Always in the middle of a project
    • View Profile
Re: Clutch Fork
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 11:19:38 AM »
I agree with Carl.  If you don't, you better have four hands and two midgets handy to help get the fork in after you bolt up the tranny.......and extra blood to spare. >:(

Been there, done that!

Offline athawk11

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2818
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • 1949 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Re: Clutch Fork
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 02:48:09 PM »
Yep.

I attached my bell housing to the engine and then the transmission to the bell housing. �I just put it back together the same way I took it apart.  I fought that fork and cable into position for a freakin hour! �I needed little tiny monkey hands, but none of the neighborhood kids were around!

By the way, �the photo by Rocketeer is how I found mine and how it is now.

Tim
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 02:49:15 PM by athawk11 »
2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A