Fly low,
I've got the same game going here, just put in the new bearings, soaked everything down with good quality oil before I closed it up. Seems like most of the reading I've done indicates taking out the plugs and spinning the engine until you get oil pressure on the gage, then you can put the plugs in and try to start it. I think you can do the same with the plugs in and the key off, but the engine may turn too slow to get the oil pressure up when its fighting compression along the way.
So just for another point of view, I talked to a guy this week that specializes in building willys motors, he uses assembly grease on the bearings and claims the motor will run for 5 minutes with no damage just on the grease, without oil pressure. So I think it might be a good idea to have oil pressure before ignition, thats my plan anyway.