The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Front Parking Lights 49 CJ3A  (Read 4190 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Tumbleweed

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 516
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • 49 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Front Parking Lights 49 CJ3A
« on: March 17, 2011, 03:23:55 PM »
The parking lights on my CJ look like Cadillac bumber bullets. They stick out too far in my opinion. I have seen so many variations that I don't know what was standard in 49. Anyone have a picture of the original parking lights? Greatly appreciated.

George
49 CJ3A - "Smokey"
53 Willys Wagon - "Wylie"

Offline calvinhunt

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1000
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Let's keep these great American icons alive!
    • View Profile
Re: Front Parking Lights 49 CJ3A
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 02:12:03 AM »
Without taking another photo and processing it, here is one I currently have on photobucket that is available to share with you now.  It consists of a clear plastic lens, a chrome bezel, and a cork gasket.  They are available at most vintage Jeep suppliers.  I got mine at willysoverland.com, 888-265-5337.  


There is a complete breakdown of the individual components on page 59 of the 1949 Willys-Overland Parts List - Jeep Models CJ-2A and 3A (available at many suppliers, also).  Scanned copy from that page is below:
Calvin
Santa Clara, Utah

Offline macrisel

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 639
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Always in the middle of a project
    • View Profile
Re: Front Parking Lights 49 CJ3A
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 11:13:23 AM »
Here is a pic of my replacements I got from Walcks.  I went ahead and got the headlight trim, parking light lenses and trim ring and the cork gasket from them.  Nice reproductions.



Offline Gunslinger

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 942
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Cj3a, M38A1,
    • View Profile
Re: Front Parking Lights 49 CJ3A
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 09:40:35 AM »
Mine look like Calvin's its a 50 3B, the bulb sockets were all rusted out so I bought a couple of LED lights with plastic frames, a liite filing and creativity and they mounted into the bezel just fine.
Climbs trees, hides in the long grass, hangs out with wet dogs...

Offline Tumbleweed

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 516
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • 49 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Re: Front Parking Lights 49 CJ3A
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 05:57:55 PM »
Once again, ya'll are great. Thanks.....

George
49 CJ3A - "Smokey"
53 Willys Wagon - "Wylie"