My Willys 3A and 3B Community
Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
News:
Welcome everyone from the CJ3B!
Willys is a big family.
Home
Help
Search
Downloads
Gallery
Login
Register
My Willys 3A and 3B Community
»
3A, 3B, DJ Technical Knowledge Base
»
"Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations
»
Jerry Can Carrier
« previous
next »
Reply
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Down
Author
Topic: Jerry Can Carrier (Read 2966 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
mud pie
Flatfender Enthusiast
Posts: 143
Karma: +0/-0
Once a Marine....
Jerry Can Carrier
«
on:
February 17, 2011, 10:03:50 PM »
Quote
I know the "regulars", Walcks, Kaiser, etc, sell the jerry can carrier for well over $100 bucks, but I found the carrier at Northern Tool for $17.99... here...
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200105224_200105224
Granted, the strap has to go, and chances are the steel isn't as heavy duty (I'd venture to guess, after all, there HAS to be a difference), but can anyone justify the cost difference ? I can buy nearly TEN of these carriers for the cost of one from one of the "regulars".
Logged
1953 CJ-3A
jamesr
Willys Guru
Posts: 343
Karma: +0/-0
If it's not broke, it's not used.
Re: Jerry Can Carrier
«
Reply #1 on:
February 18, 2011, 10:27:53 AM »
Quote
I have 2 of those that were on the tailgate for about 5 years. One of them split around the top left mounting hole, and the straps rotted out from the sun. But it can be welded and heavier straps (UV rated) used. They are not of the quality of the ones Walks sell, but the price was right at the time. Jim
Logged
Home of the 4-wheel drive chicken coup.
mud pie
Flatfender Enthusiast
Posts: 143
Karma: +0/-0
Once a Marine....
Re: Jerry Can Carrier
«
Reply #2 on:
February 18, 2011, 11:36:45 AM »
Quote
Cool, then they should work for me. I don't plan on keeping gas in my cans, strictly to minimize the chance of theft. Hopefully no one would steal an empty can, hoping they don't realize how pricey them original cans are !
Logged
1953 CJ-3A
Gunslinger
Flatfender Master
Posts: 942
Karma: +0/-0
Cj3a, M38A1,
Re: Jerry Can Carrier
«
Reply #3 on:
March 20, 2011, 09:42:45 AM »
Quote
I've gotone of those Jerry can holders from Northern tool, how did you guys mount yours? Did you drill holes in the tailgate? Or maybe build a fram for the thing? Curios
Logged
Climbs trees, hides in the long grass, hangs out with wet dogs...
jamesr
Willys Guru
Posts: 343
Karma: +0/-0
If it's not broke, it's not used.
Re: Jerry Can Carrier
«
Reply #4 on:
March 21, 2011, 11:50:01 AM »
Quote
I drilled the tailgate on mine. Jim
Logged
Home of the 4-wheel drive chicken coup.
Reply
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Up
« previous
next »
My Willys 3A and 3B Community
»
3A, 3B, DJ Technical Knowledge Base
»
"Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations
»
Jerry Can Carrier