Mornin',
Thanks for the lively remarks about the old bomb. �I hope to "frame off" clean (it is a project after all) and make dependable but no plans for a serious restoration. May get a new 3a body for it, I do love the flat fender look, but I plan to hone my sheet metal skills with this one for now.
Larry, those are Warn locking hubs...have no idea of the origin but they are there for sure.
Weedhopper, It is a tank fill on the right side and there is one on the left too, it has 2 tanks. One under each seat.
Mr. Pie, The bumper is going for sure, I'm thinking of a tasteful, simple tube brush guard to match the one that will be on the rear. There is nothing on the back now.
As to how ol' Bill put the 5 body on a 3a frame...I'll have to ask him when I see him. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a cj5 frame too. That is to be determined. �Bob W needs to know if it has a round or square cross front cross member on the front of the frame to solve this very quandry.
What ever it is, we'll show it all the love the lil mixed-up morph deserves. �Who knows, maybe all it really wants is that coat of flat black paint and to be run!!! �:)