The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Manual throttle linkage  (Read 2480 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Carls_jeep

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1746
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • ...
    • View Profile
Manual throttle linkage
« on: December 21, 2010, 07:42:13 PM »
Does anyone have a photo showing how the manual throttle linkage is hooked up? I can't find a photo or diagram of the linkage. If I can find out how the manual throttle cable hooks to the carb I will try to put it back like it should be.

I do know I am missing the cable clamp on the throttle plate lever but I can make one of them. I can imagine how it may be hooked up but I would like to see a photo of it on the Jeep.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 07:52:29 PM by Carlsjeep »

Offline Carls_jeep

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1746
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • ...
    • View Profile
Re: Manual throttle linkage
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 09:51:22 PM »
Ok, here's what I think. The cable housing is clamped where the choke cable is clamped. The core goes down to a swivel link on the throttle lever and through it. On the end of the core wire is a clamp. When the foot throttle is opened the core wire slides through the swivel link and when the manual throttle is pulled out it will open the throttle also. When the manual throttle is pulled out some the sliding swivel allows the foot throttle to operate to raise the rpm's.

Is that right?

Offline rocketeer

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1328
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Support Our Troops.
    • View Profile
Re: Manual throttle linkage
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 10:48:45 AM »
Here's a diagram of how they go:


Here's a pic of the dual clamp:


Here's a photo:


Larry

Offline Carls_jeep

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1746
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • ...
    • View Profile
Re: Manual throttle linkage
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 01:35:46 PM »
THANK YOU LARRY �;), you da man. After looking at the carb and thinking about it for a while I figured that was the only way it would work but I wanted to be sure. I couldn't find a photo anywhere I looked. This morning I ordered a new cable assembly from Walck's because my old cable is trash. I can make the cable end clamp myself and I may even have one that will work.

I really didn't want to modify the carb choke linkage to make it a one cable operation.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 01:37:24 PM by Carlsjeep »