The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: US Navy Number on Tailgate?  (Read 3042 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Brett

  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Still Plays With Jeeps
    • View Profile
US Navy Number on Tailgate?
« on: July 17, 2014, 01:44:40 PM »
While stripping the paint off the tailgate of my '49, I discovered a series of letters and numbers painted over the original color, which was battleship gray. The 4 layers of paint on the tailgate matched the 4 layers of paint on the body, so I am assuming the tailgate is the original. There is no vin tag on the body, and I cant find a vin # on the frame either. I am aware of where they should be, but I believe they are long gone.

Is anyone able to do military id decoding? It would be interesting to learn something from the military #.

USN9417113

Offline Bob W

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2309
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: US NAVY number on tailgate??
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 06:33:51 AM »
Can you post another photo of the upper right corner of the tailgate?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 10:03:43 AM by F_Bill »
Bob W