I'm Tim. �
My story starts with my wife and her mid life crisis. �(If she reads this, I'm dead).
I'm not sure what her inspiration was, but in 2010, she started looking a Craigslist for a small convertible. �She was focused on a VW Bug or a Karmann ghia. �I was honestly terrified. �I knew nothing about old cars, and less about how to keep them on the road.
Then came the compromise... �
I had always wanted an old Willys. �She wanted an old convertible. �Well, I convinced her that a Willys is the ultimate convertible... �I don't know why she bought it, but she did.
For the next several months, she was on Craigslist, but now she was looking for a Willys. �On July 3rd 2010, she found one in Lakewood, Colorado. �We went to see it. �It was rough. �It ran, but that�s where the good news ended. �It was leaking every conceivable fluid. And geeezz, what a rust bucket. The ride home was interesting. �The next 30 minutes of my life were terrifying. �Note to self: �Driving the suburban streets of Denver with no brakes is a foolish endeavor.

The PO told me he used it as a plow Jeep on a small used car lot for 37 years. �In all those years, it never left that lot. �It never got to roll through the Rocky Mountains on a beautiful summer day. �I was determined to change this Willys stars. �After a 2 year rebuild, I took her to the Fall Colors Tour in 2012. �I think the Willys enjoyed the trip.
I stand here today, to give my wife Rachel, full credit for my Willys passion. �And now I�m really excited�she wants one for her own. �Life is good�real good.
Tim �