The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Todays venture at Comb dugway  (Read 1781 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Carls_jeep

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1746
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • ...
    • View Profile
Todays venture at Comb dugway
« on: September 04, 2013, 12:02:04 AM »
This afternoon I went to Arch Canyon road and then the trail to Comb dugway. Here's a shot of the dugway canyon in the distance. It was a long hard climb up. Most of the dirt fill in the road has washed away leaving nothing but large rocks to climb over in low gear, low range 4whl.



Here's a shot starting up the dugway.



Here's a shot from the last overlook at the bottom of the last part of the dugway to the top. The dugway is the green strip going down at an angle on the cliff wall.



At the airport after a reconnaissance flight with Arlin and Calvin for some more trails and dugways I got a photo of "Bear Sleeping On Mountain". At sundown he will rise for his nocturnal ventures in the canyons seeking nourishment.



The locals call it "The Bears Ears" but depending on what position you see them it will look like bears ears or a bear sleeping on the horizon. I prefer to call it Bear Sleeping on Mountain. I'm rather fond of bears and teddy bears but not so fond of real bears that I would try to hold or pet one.

Good night friends and may the Father some day allow you to see the things here that I have had the pleasure to see. you will be amazed and delighted beyond your imagination.

Offline corpsman

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 217
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Still Plays With Jeeps
    • View Profile
Re: Todays venture at Comb dugway
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 02:49:25 PM »
beautiful area
1952 M38