The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Late Afternoon Trail Ride  (Read 2805 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline calvinhunt

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1000
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Let's keep these great American icons alive!
    • View Profile
Late Afternoon Trail Ride
« on: September 17, 2014, 12:35:26 AM »
[size=12]Ready for a short late afternoon trail ride.

[/size]



[size=12]Down the old washed out dugway to the low country.[/size]




[size=12]About 6 pm we are getting close to the bottom.� What a beautiful day for a Jeep ride in Southern Utah. When my wife's not with me I have to take all the pics.[/size]




[size=12]I think Carl spun his new tires in the sand just to show the tire markings.[/size]




[size=12]Neither Carl nor I had seen this modified NDT tread design before.
[/size]




[size=12]Taking a break in the shade of the large cottonwood trees.�[/size]




[size=12]Heading home with the sun at our backs.
[/size]




[size=12]Nothing like having all 5 wheels on the ground.
[/size]




[size=12]The sun's just about to set.[/size]




[size=12]The five miles from the trail head to town was in the dark.� Another fun ride.� [/size]


« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 12:45:23 AM by calvinhunt »
Calvin
Santa Clara, Utah

Offline BMIC

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 406
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Weekend Mechanic
    • View Profile
Re: Late Afternoon Trail Ride
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 06:49:43 AM »
Thanks Carl/Calvin, that is beautiful country...
We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out... WC

Offline Kirkski

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 526
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Still Plays With Jeeps
    • View Profile
Re: Late Afternoon Trail Ride
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 08:47:47 AM »
Man I can't tell you how much I enjoyed these pics. Really encourages me working on my Jeep! Thanks for sharing!
Kirk
'52 CJ-3A

Offline Bob W

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2309
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Late Afternoon Trail Ride
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 09:03:36 PM »
Nice, wish I was there too.
Bob W

Offline Carls_jeep

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1746
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • ...
    • View Profile
Re: Late Afternoon Trail Ride
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 09:37:49 PM »
I wish you and your wife were here too Bob. I haven't posted anything because I bought a Pro Cam and have been videoing mostly. Photobucket doesn't like videos and I haven't taken many photo's.

I came here with worn out tires and bought a new set of Firestone NDT's. we tried the Sand Hill with the worn out tires and mine didn't make it up all the way. We tried it with the new tires and it walked right up the hill on both trails up the hill. Calvins made it up both trails as well. It was a fun day.

Before we went down the hill I said we had to move a rock in the way. In doing so I backed down the hill and had to winch myself back up. Of course I got stuck on the rock I had move and we had to do some maneuvering and chinking to get me off the rock.

It's not fun Jeeping unless you get to use the winch. It's not fun unless you have to move trees and rocks out of the way.

I guess I need to start taking some still shots to post.