The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Luzon meets Potomac  (Read 2428 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline 1955CJ-5

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2360
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • It wasn't always green....
    • View Profile
Luzon meets Potomac
« on: June 05, 2014, 09:32:01 PM »
Several months ago I looked at a 51 that was offered locally....I'd a bought it in a heartbeat if it had come along about a year earlier when I bought mine. Very little rust, runs smooth, and a nice all around jeep....just what I had been looking for...

Well, my neighbor's friend bought it, fixed it up a bit and I expect he will be selling it.

But, we had a photo op today...I about snapped my head off when it came around the corner!

It looks pretty nice, still needs some details worked out...

I still wish I'd bought it!

1955 CJ-5, A friend for 58 years....1951 CJ-3A, a new addition. 1929 Model A Ford Closed Cab Pickup...

Offline Bob W

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2309
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Luzon meets Potomac
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 06:21:09 AM »
Nice. It seems like there are a lot of old Jeeps in Boise!
Bob W

Offline Ryan_M

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1704
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Luzon meets Potomac
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 05:38:32 PM »
Nice looking pair! How soon before you own the red one too?  :o
Current:
'49 CJ3A
'51 CJ3A
'42 Willys MB-T
'47 Bantam T3-C
Previous:
'46 2A
'51 3A
'52 3A
'52 M38
'54 3B
East Coast Wi

Offline 1955CJ-5

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2360
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • It wasn't always green....
    • View Profile
Re: Luzon meets Potomac
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 06:31:06 PM »
I do like that winch! It's not a real clean installation, the replacement bumper is welded to the frame horns...but it's a winch and it works!

I think it will be priced too high anyway.
1955 CJ-5, A friend for 58 years....1951 CJ-3A, a new addition. 1929 Model A Ford Closed Cab Pickup...