The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Trail welding  (Read 2673 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline p3ferris

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 249
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Still Plays With Jeeps
    • View Profile

Offline bretto

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 486
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • OD 3A cousin
    • View Profile
Re: Trail welding
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 01:21:11 PM »
Batteries weld wrenches when you accidently touch both post.
 [smiley=embarassed.gif]
Brett Orem, UT� [size=14]PHOTO DIARY OF MY BUILD[/size][/URL]

Offline Bob W

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2309
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Trail welding
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 08:06:39 PM »
I've actually tried this to see how good it works. It's not real hot, but it does weld. I think 3 batteries would work good. I carry welding rods, a welding face shield, jumper cables, and an electrode holder/cable/battery clamp in my off-road Jeep for field repairs.
Bob W

Offline Ryan_M

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1704
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Trail welding
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 07:39:02 AM »
And here I went and needlessly blew all kinds of money on a mig welder last year....
Current:
'49 CJ3A
'51 CJ3A
'42 Willys MB-T
'47 Bantam T3-C
Previous:
'46 2A
'51 3A
'52 3A
'52 M38
'54 3B
East Coast Wi

Offline duffer

  • Willys Fan
  • **
  • Posts: 54
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Just old
    • View Profile
Re: Trail welding
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 11:41:43 AM »
Quote
I've actually tried this to see how good it works. It's not real hot, but it does weld. I think 3 batteries would work good. I carry welding rods, a welding face shield, jumper cables, and an electrode holder/cable/battery clamp in my off-road Jeep for field repairs.

Yep, sort of works but a real one works soooooo much better.
In fact so much better that they can be used in the shop.

48 2A, 49 3A, 51 Wagon, 55 3B, 57 FC 150, 57 Wagon, 60 FC 170, 68 CJ 5, 2012 JKUR

John, Bozeman, MT