we had a lady come in for an oil change, new car. first oil change, she left it and got a ride to lunch. well, our oil change feller came up and said she had a bad oil leak on the car, one of the techs went over to look, it was covered from front to back and all under the hood with oil, it wasn't low and we didn't see anything obvious so I told him to wash it off real well and drive it a couple of miles and recheck for fresh leaks. nothing showed up, I didn't want her to get back on the road and have any trouble so we kept looking, she came back from lunch and I told her about it. she said " we do that in New York to stop the road salt from rusting up everything" being from east Texas I never would have thought about that. we spent a lot of time and washed off the oil she paid someone to put on