The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: You just never know  (Read 1116 times)

Offline Gunslinger

You just never know
« on: July 25, 2014, 06:12:37 PM »
I think we've all had the opportunity to see someone somewhere staring wistfully at our jeep, or the guy in the Porsche that almost spins his head off turning to look at us driving by, or the guy or gal that really just wanted you to offer to give them a ride... But the other day I was walking out of the grocery store and there was a guy leaning on the parked car next to the Jeep, shaking his head, scanning it back and forth, and in no hurry to move along.  I walked up and introduced myself, asked if he had any questions, and we talked jeep for a bit.

Lo an behold it turns out to be Jonathan, the guy who hosts this website.  He showed me his family pictures, CJ3A and a Bantam that he has had since he was 14 years old.  Jonathan I apologize I've forgotten your last name.  I'm sure Pascal or Bill will help me out here.  But what an enjoyable happenstance, never would have happened with out that darn little red truck. !!! :) :) :)
Climbs trees, hides in the long grass, hangs out with wet dogs...

Offline F Bill

Re: You just never know
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 09:09:23 PM »
That would be Jonathan George, the former owner of the 3A page.. A couple years ago he wanted out of the 3A page as his interests had changed, so we as a group of members bought him out.. Most of the technical articles you see on our front page are a result of Jonathan's work and we owe him a lot for letting us take over a fantastic website.

Now, I am personally responsible for seeing that the hosting bill gets paid, Pascal is our current and tremendously talented web guru, John is the membership guy who signs everyone up with screen names and passwords etc. and helps keep us spam free, Nate is also part of our team and he has written some of our tech FAQ sections and provides a younger viewpoint that is really hepful for us old fogeys..

There is something about the Willys Universal jeep that seems to attract the coolest people out there....and there are a ton of folks that dream of owning a jeep but can't....If you want to draw a crowd I can't think of a better car for the job.
Owner of the world famous?? Pintojeep 3A and one yet to be named stock project 3A.
Based in central TX and upstate NY.

Offline johnrb3b

• SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • No such thing as too many Jeeps - well maybe
    • View Profile
    • Jeeps and stuff
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 12:30:55 PM »
I've had a few people stop and talk to me when driving one of my old Willys.
I had a neighbor from a few blocks away stop by with his son while bike riding and ask about the red 3B they could see back by the garage. I ended up giving them a ride and offering to help them find one of their own. So far their time, energy and money is going into a mid '50s Ford.
I do my bit to help spread the word.
1946 2A - - - 1949 me - older than most of my Jeeps
1954 3B - - - 1957 Wagon - - - 2010 4-door JK
past Jeeps ---> '54 3B - no tub --- '59 3B - no engine
past addiction - VW ---> '69 bus --- '70 camper

Offline Jesse

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 03:27:42 PM »
Wait, Jonathan lives in Minnesota? I always thought he had a shop in Colorado or something like that.

-Jesse
Its a jeep thing, but you would understand if you have ever lost your wallet.

Offline Gunslinger

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 05:55:46 PM »
You know I did not ask him what he was doing there.  I thought the same thing, that he was from somewhere else, which is why I was so taken aback.

Offline Jesse

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 01:12:02 AM »
Huh, that is really strange. I guess it would also be strange to demand "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE ANYWAYS?!?!?"       :D   

-Jesse
Its a jeep thing, but you would understand if you have ever lost your wallet.

Offline Gunslinger

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 06:28:22 PM »
I guess if you don't know a tool is in the wrong spot in the box, you don't really figure on moving it do you? :o :o :o :o