The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Woohoo! I'm famous because of the Famous!  (Read 4018 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline garage gnome

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1947
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Rustologist
    • View Profile
Woohoo! I'm famous because of the Famous!
« on: July 09, 2013, 09:49:57 PM »
There is a section in Gas Engine Magazine called "Young Iron". I wrote into them and made it into the August/Sept. edition. If anyone is interested, you can get this magazine at Tractor Supply Co!

Nate in Western MA 1953 3A #3268, The Jalopy, '47 2A Wheelin' rig, '49 3A, #37071, unmolested, bone stock named Ted

Offline Quebec Jeep

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1193
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • CJ-3A 1950
    • View Profile
Re: Woohoo! I'm famous because of the Famous!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 10:30:00 PM »
It seem that it's always looking better on a picture! :P

Do they photoshop you?  ;D
I'm jeepcoholic!

Offline johnrb3b

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 906
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • No such thing as too many Jeeps - well maybe
    • View Profile
    • Jeeps and stuff
Re: Woohoo! I'm famous because of the Famous!
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 09:19:12 AM »
Looks like your "15 minutes of fame" is going to last longer than that.
You keep us old guys feeling young just watching you and your projects.
1946 2A - - - 1949 me - older than most of my Jeeps
1954 3B - - - 1957 Wagon - - - 2010 4-door JK
past Jeeps ---> '54 3B - no tub --- '59 3B - no engine
past addiction - VW ---> '69 bus --- '70 camper

Offline Bedrock

  • Willys Fan
  • **
  • Posts: 55
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Woohoo! I'm famous because of the Famous!
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 09:55:07 AM »
Congratulations on a very nice write-up.  You have accomplished a lot in a year and a half.  I think it's great.

Offline 3aJeeper

  • Flatfender Enthusiast
  • ***
  • Posts: 143
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Luvs me a flatfender Jeep!
    • View Profile
Re: Woohoo! I'm famous because of the Famous!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 10:34:35 AM »
Nice going Nate!
1951 CJ3a
F-134 Hurricane engine

Offline garage gnome

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1947
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Rustologist
    • View Profile
Re: Woohoo! I'm famous because of the Famous!
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 12:22:26 PM »
Thanks guys!
Nate in Western MA 1953 3A #3268, The Jalopy, '47 2A Wheelin' rig, '49 3A, #37071, unmolested, bone stock named Ted

Offline athawk11

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2818
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • 1949 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Re: Woohoo! I'm famous because of the Famous!
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 02:07:05 PM »
Congrats G-Gnome. 8-)

Tim
2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A

Offline Ryan_M

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1704
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Woohoo! I'm famous because of the Famous!
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 08:05:15 PM »
Nice work Nate! Good article.
Current:
'49 CJ3A
'51 CJ3A
'42 Willys MB-T
'47 Bantam T3-C
Previous:
'46 2A
'51 3A
'52 3A
'52 M38
'54 3B
East Coast Wi

Offline stony

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 298
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Woohoo! I'm famous because of the Famous!
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 07:57:48 PM »
20!  I've got socks older than that! ;)   Way to go!
Terry
1949 CJ3A 11159 body 11225 engine 11140
On preservation vs. restoration:Roscoe Lee Brown "the Cowboys" when he met the whores on the trail:"Well, I have the inclination, but not the time”.

Offline Haines Garage

  • Project Jeep (Newbie)
  • *
  • Posts: 35
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Bubba! I got the Chain Drive!!
    • View Profile
Re: Woohoo! I'm famous because of the Famous!
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2013, 08:39:49 PM »
And where as you should be "Famous" , Nate you do such amazing things.

I suppose it is better than being Infamous....

I looked for the mag, no dice, how about buy me one and send it to me. Some ole autograph deal as always...if you please Let me know the cost, will be happy to pay it.[smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Getting there is not half the fun, getting there is All the Fun!....Am I there yet?

Offline garage gnome

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1947
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Rustologist
    • View Profile
Re: Woohoo! I'm famous because of the Famous!
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2013, 09:06:39 PM »
TSC should have this issue sometime in August. They are usually slower to get them than those who subscribe to it.
Nate in Western MA 1953 3A #3268, The Jalopy, '47 2A Wheelin' rig, '49 3A, #37071, unmolested, bone stock named Ted