The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: It's a miracle!!!  (Read 1671 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline F Bill

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1402
  • Karma: +1/-0
    • View Profile
It's a miracle!!!
« on: March 27, 2013, 10:17:16 AM »
Last week the computer updated itself and evidently part of the update was a new version of Internet Explorer. It has some sort of whiz bang feature that autocorrects misspellings of common words. As many of you know, I cannot type the word "the" correctly to save my life....but now I can't type it incorrectly even if I want to. t e  h  is my usual spelling but if I type it that way it corrects it as soon as I hit the space bar.
 And if I misspell any other word it instantly gets underlined in red so I can correct it. Willis however it thinks is correct for Willys. Not that I ever use Willis.

No more dyslexic typing!! At least for that one word...  8-) 8-) ;D
Owner of the world famous?? Pintojeep 3A and one yet to be named stock project 3A.
Based in central TX and upstate NY.

Offline garage gnome

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1947
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Rustologist
    • View Profile
Re: It's a miracle!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 10:20:49 AM »
Amazing! Bill has joined the 21st century and we can all understand him now too! �;D Were you using IE one before the update? �;) �;D

My mac doesn't do that, which is fine. I get a red line under misspelled words. So I don't have to worry about it switching Willys to Willis. It does put a red line under Willys though.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 10:22:00 AM by garage_gnome »
Nate in Western MA 1953 3A #3268, The Jalopy, '47 2A Wheelin' rig, '49 3A, #37071, unmolested, bone stock named Ted

Offline F Bill

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1402
  • Karma: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: It's a miracle!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 10:26:22 AM »
No I was using the Beta IE for Cavemen, version one. ;D ;D Next thing I might have to get me one of them smart phones. Right after I get some smart eyes that can read that tiny print they have.  ::)
Owner of the world famous?? Pintojeep 3A and one yet to be named stock project 3A.
Based in central TX and upstate NY.

Offline garage gnome

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1947
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Rustologist
    • View Profile
Re: It's a miracle!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 10:30:56 AM »
You can zoom in with them smart phone thingys.  ;)

I have an iPhone. Sometimes it is really annoying because it changes words and it doesn't make sense why it chooses that particular word.  >:( And I have contractor fingers, so I always type the wrong letter on it too. I will say, it is nice having a good camera and internet. I use it a lot for our line of work.
Nate in Western MA 1953 3A #3268, The Jalopy, '47 2A Wheelin' rig, '49 3A, #37071, unmolested, bone stock named Ted

Offline Quebec Jeep

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1193
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • CJ-3A 1950
    • View Profile
Re: It's a miracle!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 08:55:40 AM »
Wait one or two year and you will be able to get the new glass from Google.

https://plus.google.com/+projectglass/posts
I'm jeepcoholic!