The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Are you a Zero Poster??  (Read 8541 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline F Bill

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1402
  • Karma: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Are you a Zero Poster??
« on: March 03, 2011, 09:42:16 PM »
Looking through the member list we have a pretty large list of folks who have joined and not said a thing, not even an introduction.. �:( �I am not entirely sure just WHY that is , altho I do have aan pretty good idea for most of the non posters, especially those with unpronouncable names.

So, if you are a no post newbie, and actually a jeep guy or gal PLEEEZE.....go ahead and post sumpin'... TO start with, how about a lil intro.. like HI, my name is F Bill, and I have a 1953 CJ3A...It is currently painted tan rustoleum, has a fence stretcher on the back, and it is Pinto powered. �I bought it from a guy who was trying to convert it back to flathead power, and I have actually driven it around the fields here in Coleman, Texas. Sometime I hope to take it to Colorado for a trail ride with the CFFC.

See, it isn't that hard! �

Jeep Rescue and I will probably be working on eliminating a bunch of the zero posters, I already have pulled the ones who were obvious spammers but on the chance that some jeep fans actually have names like espanelliousioustry, I will wait a week or so before pulling more of the unpronounceables. Posting here will automatically eliminate you from the possibility of being accidently pulled.

Thanks, and bear with me as I attempt to get �the hang of this admin privelege thing. �;)
Owner of the world famous?? Pintojeep 3A and one yet to be named stock project 3A.
Based in central TX and upstate NY.

Offline Carls_jeep

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1746
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • ...
    • View Profile
Re: Are you a Zero Poster??
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 11:49:08 PM »
It has baffled me as to why members of a forum never post and only look. A lot of the members probably never even look and I wonder why they even joined.

A forum without discussion and chatter serves little purpose.

EDIT: OTOH, I have joined a forum to get info and have never gone back.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 08:41:19 AM by Carlsjeep »

Offline Bob W

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2309
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Are you a Zero Poster??
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 09:04:45 AM »
Hi Bill,

It is good to see you on as an administrator!!!!
Bob W

Offline jamesr

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 343
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • If it's not broke, it's not used.
    • View Profile
Re: Are you a Zero Poster??
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 11:24:22 AM »
Some are shy, or are afraid they will sound "dumb".  Some just like to read, and not participate.  But to delete those that don't particiapate to your expectations does not seem necessary to me.  What would the reason be to delete them?  Jim
Home of the 4-wheel drive chicken coup.

Offline Bob W

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2309
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Are you a Zero Poster??
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 12:09:03 PM »
We had quite a few spammers join during a short time period. They are only trying to weed out the spammers.
Bob W

Offline F Bill

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1402
  • Karma: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Are you a Zero Poster??
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 01:15:28 PM »
There has been a rash of spammers on the jeep boards lately, lots of them even post bogus stuff like try a good part for your ride and then they put a link to JC WHitney or whomever they are working for. Those are the folks we are trying to weed out. If you are  a zero poster and just like to lurk, just go ahead and post anything in this thread...and you will not be eliminated by accident.

THis admin thing is new for me, I volunteered to help out and have a LOT to learn....so if I am in the wrong about anything feel free to PM me.  

Owner of the world famous?? Pintojeep 3A and one yet to be named stock project 3A.
Based in central TX and upstate NY.

Offline mud pie

  • Flatfender Enthusiast
  • ***
  • Posts: 143
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Once a Marine....
    • View Profile
Re: Are you a Zero Poster??
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 10:38:00 PM »
Some screen names make sense for the forum; they are legit.

But if your screen name is MakeMyPenisBigForFree, or some such nonsense, yeah, I'd expect ya to be deleted....
1953 CJ-3A

Offline jamesr

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 343
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • If it's not broke, it's not used.
    • View Profile
Re: Are you a Zero Poster??
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 11:12:13 AM »
Agreed.  (And it probably would not work for this old fart anyway!)
Home of the 4-wheel drive chicken coup.

Offline F Bill

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1402
  • Karma: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Are you a Zero Poster??
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011, 12:08:49 PM »
http://cj-3a.com/forum/YaBB.pl?action=ml;sort=posts;letter=

If you are interested in seeing what I am trying to help out on...go to the top of your screen to the row of buttons (home, help, search, etc..)Click on members, then sort by posts....You will see we have a faithful bunch at the top, and then three pages of zero posters..Check out some of the names. They sound like the same sort of folks that keep offering me millions from dead kings in tasmania. (No, I don't have the check yet..lol)

I think I have all the enlargeyourorganforonlyadollar folks out of there..If you see any spammers you recognize let me know.. I wish I could remember who the auto parts salesmen were over at the 2A page. but I don't see any I remember in the list. Thanks!
Owner of the world famous?? Pintojeep 3A and one yet to be named stock project 3A.
Based in central TX and upstate NY.

Offline Forum Master

  • Don't mess with Mr.Willys!
  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1371
  • Karma: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Are you a Zero Poster??
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2011, 02:06:37 PM »
I unlocked the forum three hours ago so new people could register and we already have spam again.  GRRRRRR!!!!  I am going to have to lock it down permanently or find another solution. :(
Willys is better then Ford! Proove? They don't stample their parts for warranty.

The quality of the forum is made by the quality of the forum's people itself.

Offline F Bill

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1402
  • Karma: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Are you a Zero Poster??
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2011, 04:38:28 PM »
deleted the drug dealer... Is there a membership approval process we can go thru? �:o

ANyone who joined up recently.. I sent you a PM message. Please reply asap if you get it .....Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 04:50:22 PM by F_Bill »
Owner of the world famous?? Pintojeep 3A and one yet to be named stock project 3A.
Based in central TX and upstate NY.

Offline MikeC4193

  • Project Jeep (Newbie)
  • *
  • Posts: 8
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Who doesnt love a Jeep??
    • View Profile
Re: Are you a Zero Poster??
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2011, 11:01:58 AM »
Hey Fbill

Sorry I didnt reply on this post but here goes. Been into Jeeps (old ones) since 2007 when I purchased my first one a 1960 (same year as me) Willys pickup truck. Got another brother I think in 2009 from FBill to plow yea old estate (1965 ish CJ5). Looking for that first elusive flatfender. So I guess I got the Jeep fever. Surf a lot on the CJ2A and the Oldwillysforum but will try to stop back more as I can. Thanks for all your help. Learning as I go.

MikeC
If it wasnt for the Jeep we would be eating rice or and drinking warm beer.

Offline Carls_jeep

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1746
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • ...
    • View Profile
Re: Are you a Zero Poster??
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2011, 01:16:34 PM »
Best way is to keep it locked and do each new member by hand. The spamers will over come anything you try.

Offline GonzaloT

  • Project Jeep (Newbie)
  • *
  • Posts: 5
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Still Plays With Jeeps
    • View Profile
Re: Are you a Zero Poster??
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2011, 01:36:57 PM »
Hi everyboby, I am a 1948 CJ3A owner (seriaL CJ3A50280). I liked the jeep from the first day that I drove one. Actually I have two, a 1982 CJ7 and a CJ3A Willys.

A friend bought a CJ3A three years ago, he is working to restore it as a M38. He always told me about the restoration process and the tales of the willys, so I start to read and try to learn more about the willys. Finally I loved the history and the versatility of the willys cars, I desided to buy one and to restored to the original conditions (It is the way of producing tribute to the willys)

Willys Data.
Model:            CJ3A
Year:            1948
Condition:      Body: Very good conditios, red, but need paint.
            Engine: In process of restoration (will be standart)
Here are some pictures:






The day of arrival Video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sqFGzKq_fM

Regads.

Offline Bob W

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2309
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Are you a Zero Poster??
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2011, 04:24:23 PM »
Nice looking CJ-3A! What is the engine serial number?

Thanks!
Bob W