Having spent much of this cold and windy spring day inside going though old photos and because no one has posted any Rambling, Malarky, Rants, and Bullsh*t for a few days, I guess I will share a few of those photos here.
I have mentioned a few times that when I was young I bought my first Willys Jeep. �It was a 1947 CJ-2A. �I had honestly forgotten that I had stripped and painted it till I saw this photo. �I didn't remember that I was into fixing-up clear back then at age 16. That picture was taken in 1959. �I was so proud of the 1956 Chevy hub caps and the wide white wall tires. �I guess the goofy-looking white bumper was to match the white walls. �The windshield was out of town getting new glass. �I wish I had an earlier photo before paint. �The Jeep was only 12 years old in the photo.

The summer I graduated from high school (1962) I also graduated from the CJ-2A to this 1956 CJ-5. This Jeep was only 6 years old. �I thought I was on top of the world. �All I did to this Jeep was install new white wall tires (at least they had narrowed down by this time), �hub caps, and a top for winter driving. �

In 1966 I purchased this 1962 CJ-5 from a mining company. �The price was right. �They had actually been using it for the previous two years as a mine cart puller down in the mines. �The windshield and tailgate were missing. �Both front fenders had been mangled. �It needed a bunch of new parts and a lot of TLC. �That I gladly provided. �After installing the new fenders and completing other body work I took it to an auto paint shop and had it painted professionally. �I still had to have white wall tires. �I felt the 65 Ford Mustang hub caps set it off. �Again, I added a new top and headed off to college in the fall. �


Having enrolled in the College of Engineering at Utah State University, majoring in aeronautics, many classmates were pilots. �A few even had planes of their own. �I had learned to fly a couple of years earlier. �I wanted my own plane. �In my search I learned of a guy who had an old plane for sale. �I looked him up. �He wanted $1500 for it. � I told him that I'd put my Jeep up for sale and that I should be able to get $1500 for it. �He said he may be interested in the Jeep. �Five minutes later we made a deal to swap. �The next day we exchanged key for key and title for title.

Once again I had a project on my hands. �I got all the materials lined up for upholstery and paint. �Then on Christmas break (about 10 days long) I flew my little plane home where I had a place to work. �When I returned to school the project was complete and winter had arrived. �


Since that time I have had a few Jeep Cherokees and Grand Cherokees. �I even had a few different airplanes. �But it wasn't till I retired 3 years ago that I again got into the CJ business. �Found a �1949 CJ-3A and started again.

Going back together.

Finished. �Fun daily driver (summers only). �Fun on the trails.
