The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Hawk's CJ3A 13655  (Read 225152 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline JeepFever

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 253
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • '2A trail/work - '3A project
    • View Profile
Re: Hawk's 1949 CJ3A
« Reply #270 on: May 02, 2015, 11:01:26 PM »
So ironic that you mention fenders.  ;D    Mine have been hanging on the garage wall,  and last week I thought I would fool with them a little to at least make SOME progress on Hoover.

Your fenders look great!

Love the photos of Fall Colors Tour!!   I was really hoping to make 2015,  but it is looking doubtful now.   Hoover will almost certainly not be running.  I could bring my '2A,  but Colorado is SO far away,  it would be no small undertaking.

Thanks for sharing photos.   They are a great inspiration.

Offline athawk11

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2818
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • 1949 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Re: Hawk's 1949 CJ3A
« Reply #271 on: May 05, 2015, 11:26:56 PM »
Well, keep the FCT in your bucket list.  For any of you Easterners that ever have a chance to come, the beers and cigars are on me. Still haven't gotten anyone to smoke a cigar.  Heck, I don't smoke cigars either, but for some reason, a cigar on a Willys trip just seems "right" to me. 

I know it's a huge undertaking to make a trip like that. It always amazes me the distances people travel to come to that event.

Tim
2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A

Offline gmcjr

  • Flatfender Enthusiast
  • ***
  • Posts: 168
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Even a blind hog finds a acorn every now and then.
    • View Profile
Re: Hawk's 1949 CJ3A
« Reply #272 on: May 10, 2015, 01:39:56 PM »
Quote
Well, keep the FCT in your bucket list.� For any of you Easterners that ever have a chance to come, the beers and cigars are on me. Still haven't gotten anyone to smoke a cigar.� Heck, I don't smoke cigars either, but for some reason, a cigar on a Willys trip just seems "right" to me.�

I know it's a huge undertaking to make a trip like that. It always amazes me the distances people travel to come to that event.

Tim



Hawk, if the good Lords willing and the creeks go back down. (We're flooded here) I'll have a see-gar with you!!
Gary in N. Texas
51 CJ-3A (old Trusty)
52 Ford 8n (ugly duckling)
46Farmall B (old Rusty)
18 Wrangler Jk

Offline Oilleaker1

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 201
  • Karma: +1/-0
  • Automotive Archeology/ Jeep Disease, Green Diseas
    • View Profile
Re: Hawk's 1949 CJ3A
« Reply #273 on: May 10, 2015, 05:55:12 PM »
Gary, how about a Swisher Sweet or a Crooks Cherry?

Offline gmcjr

  • Flatfender Enthusiast
  • ***
  • Posts: 168
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Even a blind hog finds a acorn every now and then.
    • View Profile
Re: Hawk's 1949 CJ3A
« Reply #274 on: May 10, 2015, 06:48:14 PM »
Quote
Gary, how about a Swisher Sweet or a Crooks Cherry?


I don't know....., :o. Most people who smoke those swap out the factory innards...   ;D
Gary in N. Texas
51 CJ-3A (old Trusty)
52 Ford 8n (ugly duckling)
46Farmall B (old Rusty)
18 Wrangler Jk

Offline athawk11

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2818
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • 1949 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Re: Hawk's 1949 CJ3A
« Reply #275 on: May 11, 2015, 08:19:39 PM »
The cigars I bring are a bit better than a Swisher, but not much better. Your typical $3 to $4 dollar stick.  They are chubs, so we can have the General Patton sort of look and feel. ;D

Tim
2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A

Offline gmcjr

  • Flatfender Enthusiast
  • ***
  • Posts: 168
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Even a blind hog finds a acorn every now and then.
    • View Profile
Re: Hawk's 1949 CJ3A
« Reply #276 on: May 17, 2015, 12:22:44 AM »
Quote
The cigars I bring are a bit better than a Swisher, but not much better. Your typical $3 to $4 dollar stick.� They are chubs, so we can have the General Patton sort of look and feel. ;D

Tim


Sounds like a winner to me!!  [smiley=s10735.gif] [smiley=s10735.gif]
Gary in N. Texas
51 CJ-3A (old Trusty)
52 Ford 8n (ugly duckling)
46Farmall B (old Rusty)
18 Wrangler Jk

Offline Kirkski

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 526
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Still Plays With Jeeps
    • View Profile
Re: Hawk's 1949 CJ3A
« Reply #277 on: October 21, 2015, 06:04:32 PM »
Hi Tim did I miss the latest updates? I just re-read your whole thread... What an encouragement
'52 CJ-3A

Offline athawk11

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2818
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • 1949 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Re: Hawk's 1949 CJ3A
« Reply #278 on: October 21, 2015, 09:27:03 PM »
Thanks Kirkski,

Decisions to eliminate a Leaky OD Willys have chewed up a good portion of my spring and summer Willys workshop time.� This and an exhausting work schedule has put a real damper on "Project Whitey".

Now, I'm very close to paint stage...right when the cool winter season has arrived.� I'm not a huge fan of painting during the cold months, but I may still give it a try.� We'll see.

Thanks for looking in.�

Tim
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 09:27:23 PM by athawk11 »
2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A

Offline Tumbleweed

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 516
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • 49 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Re: Hawk's 1949 CJ3A
« Reply #279 on: October 22, 2015, 02:30:57 PM »
Dang Tim - I got all excited when I saw activity on your build thread - I don't think it gets any easier around this time of year either! We will all look forward to seeing your handy work.

George...........
49 CJ3A - "Smokey"
53 Willys Wagon - "Wylie"

Offline bretto

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 486
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • OD 3A cousin
    • View Profile
Re: Hawk's 1949 CJ3A
« Reply #280 on: October 23, 2015, 07:34:51 AM »
Ya Tim, get after it and keep us entertained. ;)
Brett Orem, UT� [size=14]PHOTO DIARY OF MY BUILD[/size][/URL]

Offline Oilleaker1

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 201
  • Karma: +1/-0
  • Automotive Archeology/ Jeep Disease, Green Diseas
    • View Profile
Re: Hawk's 1949 CJ3A
« Reply #281 on: October 23, 2015, 08:42:02 AM »
The colder it gets, and the longer the drying times for the paint, the finer the bristles on the brush will be needed.! 8-)

Offline athawk11

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2818
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • 1949 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Re: Hawk's 1949 CJ3A
« Reply #282 on: October 23, 2015, 01:02:04 PM »
Just so you fellas know I didn't sell Whitey as a half done project...


https://youtu.be/kpga5JzLlBQ


Tim
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 10:50:33 PM by athawk11 »
2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A

Offline 1955CJ-5

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2360
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • It wasn't always green....
    • View Profile
Re: Hawk's 1949 CJ3A
« Reply #283 on: October 23, 2015, 09:06:45 PM »
Tim,

I can't get the video to play....can you just copy and paste the address while it's playing? Or, tell us the title and we can search for it..

Randy
1955 CJ-5, A friend for 58 years....1951 CJ-3A, a new addition. 1929 Model A Ford Closed Cab Pickup...

Offline Bob W

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2309
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Hawk's 1949 CJ3A
« Reply #284 on: October 23, 2015, 09:20:03 PM »
It doesn't seem to be public.
Bob W