The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Brett

Pages: [1]
1
EVERYTHING ELSE, General tips / US Navy Number on Tailgate?
« on: July 17, 2014, 01:44:40 PM »
While stripping the paint off the tailgate of my '49, I discovered a series of letters and numbers painted over the original color, which was battleship gray. The 4 layers of paint on the tailgate matched the 4 layers of paint on the body, so I am assuming the tailgate is the original. There is no vin tag on the body, and I cant find a vin # on the frame either. I am aware of where they should be, but I believe they are long gone.

Is anyone able to do military id decoding? It would be interesting to learn something from the military #.

USN9417113

Pages: [1]