The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Holdmybeer

Pages: [1] 2
1
I made one of these myself.  Just took a threaded rod, some washers, slices of pipe, and some nylon lock nuts.�I drilled two small holes near the edge of the doubled up washers to get a good weld, and welded them solidly to the pipe slices.� �I had a little slop in my system that but it didn't seem serious to me, but I got picked up on it by the provincial vehicle inspector when I went to register the Jeep here in Ontario.  I whipped this thing  up in a morning and the inspector specifically looked at it and passed it.� Works like a charm to this day.

2
"Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations / Weights
« on: June 27, 2016, 03:26:21 PM »
Does anyone have an idea of the weight of a completely stripped down L134 block?


Thanks
Q

3
That should hAve said lift controller.  I've got to learn to preview.

4
Hey thanks Ryan.   What about the pumps?  Do you know how their outputs compare? If I have to run a line to the front cylinder, I could the use the lift not roller for a front plow, wouldn't you think?

5
Fellow Jeep fans, I'm looking for opinions, advice and experiences regarding the best set up for incorporating both Meyer Snow Plow and Monroe Lift set ups on a '53 3A.� Both have all original parts.� �One has the crankshaft driven pump and the other the Monarch fan belt driven pump. My questions are; Can one or the other pump be used for both applications, or do I have to use both?� If I can get away with just one, which is best?� �If the Monarch pump is preferred, where would I move the Fram oil filter to?� �The space ahead of the carb is taken by a governor.� I thought maybe the left fender behind the horn, but am concerned its efficiency might be compromised by it having to lay on an angle.� First world problems, I know, but what is the optimal approach?� � Thanx!� Quentin

6
Here's another of those left leaning Canadian (-as Zeke likes to refer to them ;D) left draining radiators.  Still a mystery!

7
Here's another example of one of those  "Canadian" or left leaning rads, courtesy of EWillys. ...   As Zeke likes to refer to them.  LOL.   Still a mystery.

8
Anyway talked to Dan at Walcks today and looked at a repro shroud at their place.  It should fit regardless, but still kinda wired...

9
May I ask what the Harrison part number is on your Rad?  Mine is 3124764.  They seem to be all over the place.

10
Yes, mine has an additional flat spot where the filler might otherwise be...

11
+
Oops, I meant filler cap moved to the drivers side, of course...

12
Hey guys,
Here's a photo of the numbers on this radiator of mine.  Again, its in a 49 3A, and as you can see it has a 49 date stamp on it.  It mounts seamlessly to the grille, and other than the filler cap being located more toward the passenger side, and the overflow draining to the passenger side, it is in every other respect identical.   Judging by the condition of the mounts and everything else, it looks to have been in place a long time.   If it is a replacement, is it likely that they would do so with one from the same model year?   if they were available, why not just go with the "normal' kind?    I've attached a couple of pictures I robbed from Ewillys showing another such rad in a CJ3A, and also a CJ2A rad with the same situation.  Comments anyone?

13
Folks, can anyone describe how it is that some radiators that appear to be original have the cap set off and the overflow tube extending off to the left while others go to the right?  Is this an indication of a design change, interchangeability, or a replacement part?   Any info would be appreciated,
Thanks! Quentin

14
X2.  Despite that I share everyone's enthusiasm for JB Weld, I think in this case it's only a good expedient repair, until you find a new/used replacement.  It's not like your glueing on a windshield wiper that you might do without.  When the distributor stops, everything stops.   Murphys Law will ensure that it will fail at exactly the worst possible moment.  Guaranteed.

15
X2.  Despite that I share everyone's enthusiasm for JB Weld, I think in this case it's only a good expedient repair, until you find a new/used replacement.  It's not like your glueing on a windshield wiper that you might do without.  When the distributor stops, everything stops.   Murphys Law will ensure that it will fail at exactly the worst possible moment.  Guaranteed.

Pages: [1] 2