The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - macrisel

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 41
1
PAST EVENTS: / Re: 2016 Fall Willys Reunion Aug 26-27 Columbia, MO
« on: August 29, 2016, 11:34:53 AM »
Great job Jeff, Art and Darlene on the reunion!  It was a great event.  The hotel was very nice, the parking lot had plenty of room for everything and the banquet was really good.  Jpet's presentation and photos of his trips out west were amazing.

Columbia is a fun town to cruise around in in a flat fender also.  Most of the Mizzou kids were amazed such "primitive" vehicles ever existed.. [smiley=rolleyes.gif]  The best part of Friday night was when I headed downtown to eat and parked next to a jacked up JK with LEDs, lift kit, wheels and tires, winches, big stereo, etc, etc.  The kid was dumbfounded when he asked what kind of vehicle it was and I told him it was a jeep!  He was then even more amazed when he asked what all the sticks in the floor was for!!  Kids...

Anyway, great show and I look forward to next year!  I didn't get a chance to take any photos, so if anyone did please post them!

2
PAST EVENTS: / Re: 20th Annual Fall Willys Reunion Sept 18-20, 2015
« on: September 14, 2015, 09:34:07 AM »
One week to go.....anyone else besides me going to Jeff City?  8-)

3
PAST EVENTS: / Re: 20th Annual Fall Willys Reunion Sept 18-20, 2015
« on: July 07, 2015, 01:27:59 PM »
So is the Summer Reunion in Effingham, IL not going to be held again?

4
PAST EVENTS: / Re: 2014 Summer Willys Reunion 8/ 22-24 Effingham,IL
« on: August 26, 2014, 03:44:55 PM »
John, great to meet you finally!  I had to cut out early Saturday afternoon to get Dad home, so I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to say goodbye.

I have to agree with John, the location was great.  The area behind the hotel was a large grass lot that had plenty of room for jeeps, vendors and the trucks and trailers for everyone.  I didn't feel cramped at all.  I especially liked having my truck and trailer close by.  The hotel staff was very nice and seemed to be very accomodating to everyone involved. 

Travel was great.  The hotel is located right off the interstate and the exits are well marked.  On interstate 57 south, there is a large cross located right next to the highway about 3 miles south of the hotel I would have loved to drive the jeep down to and get a photo in front of.  Might be a good trip destination next year.....

Jeff (jpet) thank you for heading this up and putting it together.  Everyone involved seemed to work together well and I had a blast.  I know it takes a LOT of work to organize something like this and I think you all did a great job.

THANK YOU!

5
PAST EVENTS: / Re: 2014 Summer Willys Reunion 8/ 22-24 Effingham,IL
« on: August 08, 2014, 11:50:06 AM »
BAM!!  Room reserved and registered for the event!  I can only make it Friday night and Saturday, but I'm looking forward to being there!

6
PAST EVENTS: / Re: 2014 Summer Midwest Willys Reunion
« on: January 02, 2014, 04:56:36 PM »
I would be okay with either weekend.  August is usually a pretty busy month for my family so we might not be able to make it.

Please keep us updated.  Out of curiosity, why is the Fall Reunion taking a year off?

7
PAST EVENTS: / Re: Fall Midwest Willys Reunion - New Dates and Place
« on: September 09, 2013, 04:44:31 PM »
Thank you so much!  It was great to finally meet you and I had a blast at the show!  I can't wait until next year!

8
PAST EVENTS: / Re: Fall Midwest Willys Reunion - New Dates and Place
« on: August 12, 2013, 05:02:35 PM »
I have my reservations..........anyone else in the area going?

9
PAST EVENTS: / MidwestWillys Reunion JeffCity, MO�Sept 14-16 2012
« on: August 21, 2012, 10:33:59 AM »
Fall Reunion in Jefferson City, MO �September 14-16, 2012

Website info:
http://www.midwestwillysreunion.org/fmwwr12.htm

This is a good little gathering in Missouri. �I have been several times and always enjoyed it. �The swap meet is also very good with several vendors. �Harry Sheets from Midwest Willys always has a large stand with plenty of good take off parts. �There are also usually several individuals there selling leftover parts from their restorations.

While I'm sure its not as pretty as Colorado or Pennsylvania in the fall, it is closer if you live in the middle of the country and need a Willy fix! �;) �Jefferson City is also not a large city and has some nice scenery driving in.

10
PAST EVENTS: / Re: Golden, Colorado Super Cruise !!!
« on: May 08, 2012, 10:10:09 AM »
Good photos!  Looks like it was a good time!

11
PAST EVENTS: / Re: Midwest Willys Reunion
« on: August 09, 2011, 10:29:13 AM »
Here is a link to the Midwest Willys Reunion:

http://www.midwestwillysreunion.org/index.htm

Check out the link, there are several pictures from past shows on the website.

The fall show will be September 16-18 in Jefferson City, Missouri.

12
PAST EVENTS: / Re: Midwest Willys Reunion
« on: August 08, 2011, 10:50:31 AM »
I've been to the Midwest Reunion the past two years and had a blast.  Both years I had very good luck picking up some parts I needed.  I don't know if I can make it back up there this year, but I will certainly try.  I had PLANNED on my 3A being done and hauling it up there  ::)..........but I don't think that will happen by then. :(

13
Retire!?!?!?  :o  There is too much good information to retire it!  Besides, it is a great story!

Do the world a favor and keep it going!

14
I agree with Larry, use the old caps if you have to.  The rebuild kit I received from Walck's had the same issue, but I was able to clean up the threads and use the new caps.  Make sure the caps go into the drag link and make a snug fit.  Prior to installing the rebuild kit in the drag link and a new bushing in the front arm, my steering wheel would turn almost a 1/4 turn both ways before the front wheels would move.  After the rebuild, the little Jeep is ready for a slalom course!  ;D

Then again, maybe not...........but the steering is nice and tight!  ;)

15
My opinion is to spray epoxy primer over fresh metal as soon as possible.  You may think you will start the body work the next day but........life happens.  Most good epoxy primers will allow you to spread mud on top of the primer but as mentioned earlier some people still like to sand down to bare metal and fill on top of that.

You didn't mention it, but a great product to use after body work is filler primer.  This is thicker than epoxy and "softer" but its purpose is to fill in minor sanding marks and act as a final step before paint.  There is one big secret to filler primer.....time.  The longer you let it cure after spraying before final sanding the better because the primer will "shrink" a little as it cures.  One local restoration shop will not touch their filler primer for a minimum of six months depending on the weather conditions.  Of course, most of your body shops paint within 24-48 hours of the primer drying which is fine.  It is just a matter of how slick you want your paint.

Finish body work is really not about money, but more about time and skill.  I unfortunately have neither one of these......I usually end up looking like Thor when I do body work.  However, I'm lucky enough to have a buddy who is an excellent body man and owns a paint booth!

Great looking projects!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 41