The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - jeffbo1

Pages: [1] 2 3
2
Simple question....does the "V" go up into the carb body or down into the manifold....or does it even matter?

3
I think a drip pan under the vehicle might be the easiest, cheapest and less labor intensive solution here.....works for my 51'

4
Correction....GeneBurg.com

5
I run a Solex and they most certainly run rich! Especially if you don't have a pressure regulator....you can change the jets and this will help a lot....Go to GeneGurg.com for jets


6
Thanks for the replies! I think I am planning on removal of the TC and Trans from below....really a shame it happens at this time since the vehicle really runs great and shifts easily....just the familiar whine of a dying throw out when I shift...though not all the time.....we'll see how it goes....many thanks again!

7
Looks like it's time to replace the throw out bearing in my 3A...and while at it I think the clutch plate and pilot bearing as well...ok, so now, does anyone have some tips on making this easier than harder? I realize I will have to start unhooking and dropping everything, but any tips or tricks would be appreciated....Jeff

8
Thanks for the thoughts...yeah I polarized it a while back and did it again today before testing the voltage with my volt meter...so, I may switch it over to an alternator as I have never really trusted this generator....many thanks

9
I have a 51' CJ3A and have it running with a 12-volt electrical system, including the original generator which was rewound and rebuilt for 12-volt....In checking the output at the battery with the Jeep idling I notice a voltage of 12.36 but when I run it up about 1000 rpm, the voltage at the battery only rises to 12.40 volts......dos this sound sufficient? I notice when i turn on the lights there is a pretty heavy draw and no matter how much I rev the engine the amp gauge never rises to the positive side of zero......time for an alternator?  

10
Ok many thanks!

11
yeah they are stock units, in nice shape....they have a cross arm support structure attached to each motor such that they mount with this structure and stand off normally displaying just enough rod length to mount the wiper arm. Without the supplemental structure such that the motor body is mounted directly to the windshield frame then the rod length seems a bit long....i'll probably mount them as they came and then no worries...i have a sneaking feeling that they cam from an M38, not a 3A

12
I am installing 2 stock vacuum wiper motors on my windshield frame, and if mounted straight away the drive rods seem to protrude a bit too much on the outside of the windshield frame. Does anyone know how much drive rod is supposed to stick out in front of the glass. I would hate to have my wiper arms touching the hood should i fold the frame flat....many thanks

13
Anybody know if 3As ever had sun visors?

14
HAHA Cables are cheap and for now it works ok ::)

15
Somebody did..... :-[

Pages: [1] 2 3