The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: Orlo
« on: September 11, 2023, 09:15:41 PM »

Thank you!  I have trouble with imported coils and ignition switches for years.
Now if I can determine the source of the oil leak under the F134.....
Posted by: Rus Curtis
« on: September 09, 2023, 05:16:12 PM »

Nice work!  Back when I drove as my primary, I had make-shift tools like your jumper wire.  They come in handy when you least expect it!

This problem you had is a reminder to check (sometimes recheck) since many parts we have now aren't as good as we remember.
Posted by: Orlo
« on: September 08, 2023, 04:31:44 PM »

I had issues with my F134 in my 53 CJ3B:  It would die and start back up, and run for hours or minutes, and start right back up again.
It finally refused to start at all.  On a list somewhere about this problem, someone suggested checking the ignition switch.  I disconnected the wire from the switch to the coil, and did a jumper between the battery and the coil - started right up and ran!
I replaced the ignition switch and it has run fine ever since.
(I still carry the jumper in the toolbox)