Posted by: OlDaz
« on: April 27, 2023, 06:26:16 AM »More installation issues sorted, engine bay and under dash electrics sorted, all wiring for the old engine was on the opposite side to the F-134. New ally radiator arrived - it was a 3 core unit for a MB, so I had to make a support to go under it and a brace back to the firewall. Cranked engine over without plugs to get oil circulating, installed plugs and it fired right up. Carb needs an overhaul as a bit of sputtering happening. I'll wait to finish the air cleaner install and see if that makes a difference. All front panels now back in place, had to make up a new shroud between the grille and the radiator as what I had was modified to suit the previous engine. I was surprised how much the gearbox moved when I removed the other engine, seems the people who originally changed the engine must have levered the engine/gearbox assembly about one inch towards the back of the Jeep - pulling that engine allowed everything to de-stress and return to normal, so that was a bonus.
What's left to do is refit the floor panel over the gearbox and refit the shift lever boots, a bit of messing around to make it all fit right now things are more where they should be. And the exhaust, I got a new header pipe made up from the exhaust manifold and it currently ends about level with the back of the gas tank. I need to make up a new pipe to go from there, across the back axle then turn 90 degrees so I can fit a muffler in there somewhere. My aim is to have it on the road around mid year, so on track to get there.
What's left to do is refit the floor panel over the gearbox and refit the shift lever boots, a bit of messing around to make it all fit right now things are more where they should be. And the exhaust, I got a new header pipe made up from the exhaust manifold and it currently ends about level with the back of the gas tank. I need to make up a new pipe to go from there, across the back axle then turn 90 degrees so I can fit a muffler in there somewhere. My aim is to have it on the road around mid year, so on track to get there.