The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: Mark W.
« on: June 30, 2022, 09:24:57 AM »

Or just put new bushings in your distributor
Posted by: locomotive2111
« on: June 28, 2022, 08:49:10 AM »

Hi everyone, I was having an unusual misfire condition and after much  research and study  I found the answer. The problem was caused by worn distributor shaft bushings which caused the points dwell to vary greatly . Dwell of course is the time the points are closed which relates both to timing which affects idle  and coil saturation or voltage at the plugs. Here is a web site that really explains it better. www.howacarworks.com/ignition-system/checking-the-dwell-angle. I know you can avoid this problem with a conversion to electronic ignition but us purists like points. I spoke to a race car builder who explained the need to maintain the distributor to get peak performance. Good luck and keep on Jeepin.