The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: muley
« on: November 21, 2019, 05:02:23 PM »

It's been awhile.. I'm posting from an old computer as I'm being upgraded (if you can call it that). Hawkridge is working with me on the logins.. Thanks Hawk!
Posted by: squidtone
« on: September 09, 2018, 10:11:54 PM »

I love seeing a running Jeep chassis with those kind of fuel cells!
Posted by: 64CJ5
« on: September 09, 2018, 10:50:59 AM »

Rick,  You are putting lots of love into that Jeep.  Looks really good.
Posted by: RICKG
« on: September 09, 2018, 10:24:48 AM »

Couldn't wait-yesterday I hooked up the ign circuit, installed a DOT approved fuel cell and fired 'er up and ran it up to operating temp. Its been 2yrs since bringing it home..  Medsker if you're out there yesterday was a good day..
Posted by: RICKG
« on: September 07, 2018, 09:11:19 PM »

Ya Tom, George, see ya both soon. The 3A project is a mongrel, no pedigree.. No hurry to get it done cuz what then will I do in the shop after work. Someday i'll retire the M38 OD Mule and run the 3A on the trails.
Posted by: Tumbleweed
« on: September 07, 2018, 08:50:46 PM »

I like the aluminum radiator. Looking forward to seeing more progress after FCT.

See you in a few days.........
Posted by: aboyandhisdog
« on: September 07, 2018, 04:59:18 PM »

That's a beautiful thing, Muley!
Posted by: RICKG
« on: September 07, 2018, 01:19:28 PM »

Long time with no updates. Got the inst test panel built and wired the starter test circuit-turned the mighty L134 over by key for the 1st time since I brought the project home winter of '16. After FCT i'll wire ign and charge circuits and see if it'll fire up-stay tuned..
Posted by: aboyandhisdog
« on: August 13, 2017, 11:24:49 AM »

Muley, can you give me the exact length that the clutch rod should be?� I think I'll make this improvement too and I don't have the OE rod - just an all-thread set up that it came with.� I don't know if it is the correct length.� Thanks!


Also, where did you find your 2 clevis fittings and what size are they?�

Okay, got it all done with 3/8 in clevis yokes from Ace and had to cut the 24tpi threads myself - no fine thread all-thread to be found.  My old rod was 10 5/8 "  oc, but I would still be interested to learn what the oc measurement is of the OE clutch rod.  You must be on a backcountry trip.   8-)
Posted by: RICKG
« on: August 02, 2017, 03:15:40 PM »

No can-do this year Tom...
Posted by: aboyandhisdog
« on: August 02, 2017, 02:05:32 PM »

Muley, you going to FCT?
Posted by: RICKG
« on: August 02, 2017, 01:19:01 PM »

Tom, not having driven it I cant say whether or not the HD Rockford is more or less hard to press. As for the linkage there is no slop. I don't remember if I did the linkage upgrade on my M38 or not...I should check and see..
Posted by: aboyandhisdog
« on: August 02, 2017, 11:34:46 AM »

Muley, is the new heavy duty clutch significantly harder to work than the stock 8 1/2" unit?  Also, with the new clevis set-up you made, do you notice any slop in the action?  You do nice work!
Posted by: RICKG
« on: August 02, 2017, 09:35:07 AM »

Hi Brian, good to see you poking around..
Posted by: 4X4M38
« on: August 01, 2017, 05:41:55 PM »

Hi Rick!
My M38 had the same clevis end clutch rod you made. Some discussion on the MWillys site reveals the Army actually had an MWO to perform exactly the operation on the bent end clutch rods
to solve the problem of the ends getting bent and the clutch out of adjustment.

Until someone surfaced the MWO there was some conjecture it was a Bubba mod.

Take care,
Brian