The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: johnrb3b
« on: April 01, 2013, 12:16:22 PM »

In  word, no.  ;D
Posted by: gmcjr
« on: March 31, 2013, 10:02:23 PM »

If there is a will, there's a way but.........

Heres food for thought, I replaced most of drive train and engine seals about ten years and several thousand miles ago.....



It worked for a awhile, but now.....

Some stuff is just gonna leak....
Posted by: jeffbo1
« on: March 30, 2013, 08:49:43 PM »

I think a drip pan under the vehicle might be the easiest, cheapest and less labor intensive solution here.....works for my 51'
Posted by: Jeff_M
« on: March 28, 2013, 04:33:25 PM »

I've been around wooden boats quite a bit and there are certain folks who don't like it when their boats leak.  It is possible to restore a wooden boat so it is practically leak proof, but it's an involved and expensive process.  I feel leaks are part and parcel of an antique vehicle, whether it be boats leaking water or Jeeps leaking oil.  After all, engines didn't last anywhere near as long back then as they do now because technology has come along way.  I'd leave it as it is and be accepting of it.  Having said that, I give your dad a ton of credit for actually being able to stop leaks in a Triumph motorcycle--no mean feat.
Posted by: Macgraham
« on: March 26, 2013, 02:03:22 PM »

When I got my Jeep it didn't leak at all but I soon found out that nothing had enough oil in it to leak anyway! I feel that I could build a CJ3A that did not leak but I want to drive it! So I think if you want to use you're Jeep a lot some oil leaks may happen. I don't worry unless unless it's slick around the parking place ;D ;D ;D ;)
Posted by: ZekeD
« on: March 26, 2013, 11:12:16 AM »

 ;DYou talking about me.......or the jeep?
Posted by: Quebec Jeep
« on: March 26, 2013, 08:15:56 AM »

It's seem normal getting this old to leak...

Posted by: garage gnome
« on: March 26, 2013, 07:05:23 AM »

My '49 doesn't leak and that has never been torn down....
Posted by: bretto
« on: March 26, 2013, 06:22:04 AM »

Anything is possible I suppose.  I don't think you could ever make any vehicle leak proof, something is always going to weep.  Even if it doesn't leak today, in time, oil will have its way.  You should probably be able to make it drip proof if anything.  I've gotten mine to where it's almost that way.
Posted by: ZekeD
« on: March 26, 2013, 02:11:06 AM »

It may be a fools errand.........but
Posted by: Carls_jeep
« on: March 26, 2013, 12:08:23 AM »

I have come to the conclusion if it's not leaking it's not a 1941 to 1953 Jeep.
Posted by: ZekeD
« on: March 25, 2013, 11:48:23 PM »

I have gotten a distaste for leaking equipment from my father, who at one time rebuilt his Triumph motorcycle so that it did not leak!  Unfortunately he isnt here to ask how to attack my 49 3A, so I am turning to you all.   What is the best way to stop leaks? On the old Triumph, he had to scrap all of the gaskets, re-surface all metal to metal contacts and apply copious amounts of Perma Tex.  But it worked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.


ZekeD