So I finally got around to fixing the frame. Took your advice and decided to keep what I had. Welded up the cracks, added a piece to fill the void. I was a bit concerned about the overall strength of this section of the frame because it sees a lot of load from the shackle mounts - so I boxed it in. This is one of my first major welding projects and although a bit ugly I'm pretty happy with the results. Comments and criticism is welcomed!
My humble opinion...I suppose anything can be done, but it would be much easier to repair the existing horns than to convert them to accept the 2A gussets.
I need some advice on the best way to fix my front frame horns. The PO had welded the bumper to the frame and it took awhile to cut it off without destroying the frame. As you can see there are quite a few cracks that need to be welded up. I was thinking about boxing the frame above the shackle mounts after welding the cracks. I'm considering cutting the ends off at an angle and putting gussets on - 2A style. Any other ideas?