The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: Carls_jeep
« on: July 29, 2012, 01:19:23 PM »

Nice tractor and trailer. Yes, I too vote for electric brakes over hydraulic.
Posted by: Dez
« on: July 29, 2012, 11:18:15 AM »

I would personally add brakes to the trailer. And in Some states your required to have brakes if the trailer weighs more then 1500lbs.


I Really love that tractor and Im thinking about buying one of those PJ's to haul the flatty around in. PJ makes some pretty heavy duty trailers. We have a fleet of them at work.
Posted by: Gunslinger
« on: July 29, 2012, 10:29:44 AM »

This past spring we had a lot of discussion about what kind of trailer to buy, I finally got my head around that topic and thought I'd show you what I've got.  Also I've got a tractor on the trailer thats going to be in an auction on 8/16, so if you need a nice mower this one will be on IQbid.  

I bought a PJ 3000 lb trailer, I bought the PJ because its a heavy frame, the 3000 lb traler is the same frame as their 5500 lb trailer, the only diff is the axle and springs, it has a fold down ramp that folds 180 degrees and is spring assisted, it also has two ramps built in as side frames on the front.  Additionally all of the side frames come off so you have a full flat bed if you wanted to haul a car.  I added D rings, and then I replaced the springs wirth 4500lb springs, just to add some comfort on those occasions you don't want visible sag.  Its nice, here's some photos, it does not have brakes, but I think I can add them later if I need to.



This is a 1950 ish Farmall B Narrow, Rebuilt motor, with a 59 inch Woods mower



Here she is all loaded and ready for the auction, the plow in the previous picture is an International Little Genius, 14 inch slat bottom plow.

Thanks for listening