The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Welcome sbeilstein  (Read 19 times)

Offline Forum Master

• Don't mess with Mr.Willys!
  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
    • View Profile
Welcome sbeilstein
« on: October 08, 2019, 06:19:16 PM »
Welcome to the CJ DJ 3A 3B Willys Community Forum sbeilstein!

Tell us more about you and your Willys!

We love pics so don't be afraid to post pics of your Willys.
Here we like any kind of them!

You will find a lots of smart people here that are willing to help.
Enjoy your stay,
Pascal and all forum members

Willys is better then Ford! Proove? They don't stample their parts for warranty.

The quality of the forum is made by the quality of the forum's people itself.

Offline sbeilstein

Re: Welcome sbeilstein
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 01:43:04 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome!  It is good to be back on the forum after being away for awhile.  I was a member of the CJ-3B forum.  My build thread can be found here. https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/cj3b_bulletin_board/hello-cj-3b-world-t4656.html I got sidetracked on my 2017 Ford Fiesta ST for a while, and now I am getting back into the 3B.  I recently took it for the longest drive on the road yet to a local Cars and Coffee event. I was having trouble with not being able to get the rev's up all summer and after checking all the easy stuff I was worried it was something in the carb. I still drove it all over the yard all summer on my little jeep trails. But, I really didn't want to tear into that so I finally just decided to buy the Pertronix point replacements and a new coil to see if throwing some money at it would help for once.  And sure enough it did.  Now that I can get it up to speed again, I am thinking about doing some more work.  I recently tried to get the speedo going again, and realized it was seized up, so with some lube and a little bit of work I got it spinning again, I glued the needle back together and have a working speedometer again.

I have a set of 15x7" wheels that I might get refinished with some new tires. 
I also need to do some exhaust work, there are a couple holes that I have tincans pipestrapped around. 
I also need to do some brake adjusting, as the driverside rear wheel locks up pretty quickly when braking.
The rear bolt for the fuel pump has stripped the threads, and I have a broken middle exhaust manifold stud in the block. All my fault.
I need to drain and refill all the gearbox fluids.

I look forward to getting back into it.
I need to work on the bellcrank ball joint it won't come apart and some other parts of the tie rods and steering to tighten that up, I have about 20 degrees of slop in the steering.
I also need to install the fan shroud.

1954 CJ3B 40332
Sherwood, OR

Offline Rus Curtis

• Global Moderator
  • Flatfender Enthusiast
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 08:53:50 AM »
sbeilstein,
Welcome! Good to hear you've been getting some mileage!
'54 CJ-3B "Green Gruntt"
Bantam T3-C

Offline sbeilstein

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 12:26:36 PM »
Thanks Rus!  Good to see you're still active over here.
1954 CJ3B 40332
Sherwood, OR