The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Thanks for a place to be  (Read 98 times)

Offline SteveKfl

Thanks for a place to be
« on: August 26, 2019, 05:23:05 PM »
I'm guess I'm the first DJ'r to post... Many Thanks to Pascal and "everybody" at The CJ3A Page for making room for the DJ3As on the forum. 
My Concept Roadster
62 DJ3A Dispatcher Half Top

Offline Rus Curtis

Re: Thanks for a place to be
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 08:32:47 PM »
Feels good, doesn't it?!  Looking forward to some of y'alls posts/pics.
'54 CJ-3B "Green Gruntt"
Bantam T3-C

Offline athawk11

• SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • 1949 CJ3A
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 08:39:03 PM »
I would love to see some DJ stuff fill up this new home.
2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A

Offline SteveKfl

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 05:56:57 PM »
OK, so now that I have experienced how to attach pics, here is a pic of my 62DJ as "found" after a year long search and effort to convince the PO to sell it at a reasonable price.  It was my uncle's Jeep who became my male role model when my dad died when I was 9.  He was a big influence on my life, and so was 'riding the "split" between the seats' with my cousin and him summers.  The logo on the side was the tell tale indicator I had found the correct 1/1 Willys Jeep (I didn't know what a DJ even was then).  It is funny that the Jeep "shrank" over the years as I used to fit in it much easier than as shown...
My Concept Roadster

Offline Rus Curtis

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2019, 08:48:37 PM »
Good lookin' jeep!  I like how the bikini is strapped over the front bow.  I'm planning to do exactly the same!
'54 CJ-3B "Green Gruntt"
Bantam T3-C

Offline SteveKfl

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2019, 09:44:43 PM »
Thanks Rus.  A lot has "changed" since I found it.  For starters, I had to make it so I could get in it, and work the pedals without my knees up against the dash, just to be able to drive it, so that began the mods.  It has morphed into where as my signature calls it "My Concept Roadster".  It is clearly a 1/1 now.  Over 350 mods, some minor, some not so minor.  Life keeps getting in the way of finishing it.  Maybe this year???  I can't wait for that "first drive".  As for the top, it now has a CJ7 "strapless bikini top" on a lower height roll bar, and has a much better "fitted look" IMO.  Some day, it'll all come together! 
My Concept Roadster