The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Spring Willys Reunion Questions  (Read 1731 times)

Offline jpet

Spring Willys Reunion Questions
« on: July 12, 2016, 09:03:54 AM »
Hi all,

As most of you know, I serve on the spring reunion committee.� We talk to each other often through email.� Lately it has been daily as we are trying to set plans for the 2017 Spring Willys Reunion which will be the 25th anniversary.� Some of the things we have been discussing are the location of the reunion and the banquet format.� I was given permission to ask you guys some questions to see how the participants feel.� These are my own questions but the committee will look at the feedback.� In the end, we want to satisfy the participants while keeping our own work load at a manageable level.

Location:� The Effingham show was an average show but we did not see any boost in participation over Hudson.� There were, however, several complications the committee had to go through with the hotel and banquet.� Based on these complications, we have pretty much agreed not to have the 2017 Reunion in Effingham.� I can tell you from a work stand point, The Clarion in Hudson has been the easiest hotel to work with and has the best facilities at a reasonable price.� Also, Having the reunion in Hudson makes it easier for Bob and Mindy.� The show was moved to Effingham for 2016 in response to several request from the participants who requested us to the move the reunion back to the central midwest.� The show turned out to be the same size but from what I have heard, the vendors did better in Effingham. Right now, the committee is in discussion to move the reunion somewhere between Hudson and Effingham.� We are also considering moving it to Michigan where Bill Norris can be "boots on the ground"� Of course, any time we move it, there can be unforeseen complications.

Banquet:� There has been some discussion on the format on the banquet.� Some feel it is too long.� We want to have a good program, but yet we also want to give our friends more time to visit "parking lot style".� Right now we are discussing a way to have an informal gathering outdoors to try and bundle the meal, program and parking lot gathering into the same event.� This would also utilize some of the down time from 4:00 to 5 when everyone is getting ready for the banquet.� This can be complicated if it rains.� �Since rain at the reunion is a given, we are actually talking about renting or buying one or more large tents to help the vendors, move registration outdoors, have a place to congregate when it rains, and have an outdoor banquet.� Of course if we do this, we have to pay for it so the banquet price might not go down.� Hotel's won't let you cater your own food in and we can't have it off-site due to drinking and driving.� Typically the banquets have cost $30 per head.� I have also suggested to the committee that it might be a good idea to stop having a guest speaker.� This would shave 30-40 minutes off the banquet and relieve us from paying mileage and possibly a hotel stay for the guest speaker.

These are just some thoughts the committee is working with.� Here are my questions.� Again, these are my questions.� I'm asking them to help me form an opinion to the committee and the committee will be reading the feedback.

Vote with a number 0-4
4 - YES,� Absolutely!
3 - yes, this is what I prefer
2 - Neutral
1 - no, I I'd rather not
0 - NO, Absolutely

.... I'm also going to ask you:
Do you, or will you register a jeep
Do you, or will you attend the banquet
Are you, or will you have a vendor spot.

Your vote will be weighted based on those three particulars.
The questions:

1.� Have the 2017 Reunion at the Clarion in Hudson, OH� (YES = 4 .. 3 ..2 ..1 ..0 = NO)

2.� Stop having a guest speaker at the banquet if it meant having the banquet over by 8:00� (YES = 4 .. 3 ..2 ..1 ..0 = NO)

3.� Have an outdoor banquet/cookout even if the price is $30 per ticket. (YES = 4 .. 3 ..2 ..1 ..0 = NO)

Do/will you register a jeep?� YES/NO
Do/will you attend the banquet?
Are/will you vend?

I"d appreciate feedback on what I have said above and please vote either here in this thread, or privately through email:� jpet@willysreunion.com

I'm looking for feedback from folks who attend or have attended and the outcome of this survey might effect their attendance.� If you don't come to the reunion, I welcome your comments but appreciate it if you do� not vote.

Again, this feedback is for me and will influence my emails to the committee.� Please let me know what you are thinking.� Now is your chance.� Also, know that we can't make everyone happy but we will try.� Thanks for reading.

If I posted this in the wrong location please move it to where it belongs.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 10:17:32 AM by jpet »
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys" MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Offline jpet

Re: Spring Willys Reunion Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 09:30:31 AM »
My personal vote:

1. Hudson - 2
2. no speaker - 4
3. cookout - 4

Do/will you register a jeep?  YES
Do/will you attend the banquet? YES
Are/will you vend? NO
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 10:21:28 AM by jpet »

Offline 48cj2a

• Project Jeep (Newbie)
  • Still Plays With Jeeps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 10:27:11 AM »
1. Hudson - 0

2. Speaker - 4

3. Cookout - 4

Do/will you register a jeep?  YES

Do/will you attend the banquet? YES

Are/will you vend? NO
Art C
Central Illinois

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
47 T3-C #12183
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
http://willysreuni

Offline jpet

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 02:13:00 PM »
to be clear, we are voting on no speaker so "4" means you do not want a speaker.