Tim, no worries, totally okay. As far as thoughts about your tranny being too tight, I mentioned that my second T-90 overhaul, the one with the all NOS gears, shafts, bearings, etc., was tight. I blamed that on wearing out my 3rd gear blocking ring. I don't blame that any more. I indicated in my initial post on this thread that George from Army Jeep Parts, who overhaul trannys for customers everyday, told me that if it turned freely in all gears I shouldn't have a problem with it being too tight. My next dis-assembly just to install new blocker rings, I chose to leave it loose and now regret that.
I must say that what Randy, Ryan, & zooke posted above makes a lot of sense. Most T-90s are overhauled using kits and components readily available and most of them do just fine without any extra shims or specials efforts to determine end play.
NOTICE: I didn't include Carl in the list because whatever he has to say doesn't count. He is already in Arizona (coming up my way soon) on a 8 to 10 week Jeeping Holiday. So his mind is presently out of touch with reality. Watch for posts with photos of his escapades while out here in the West.