The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Where did Comanche Country Go?  (Read 3758 times)

Offline Gunslinger

Where did Comanche Country Go?
« on: December 16, 2011, 06:41:09 PM »
CC,
I've been following your build for some time now, its kind of like my daily dose of Oprah.  Haven't herd from you for a while, hope all is OK.
Gunslinger
Climbs trees, hides in the long grass, hangs out with wet dogs...

Offline F Bill

Re: Where did Comanche Country Go?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 10:09:25 PM »
I think he is busy Christmas shopping at Mr Durtschi's....... :)

CC if you see this I finally got to meet the guy a couple days ago, alas, no lenses in stock ...Seemes likie a great ole guy! And he does have quite the collection tho I did not get the grand tour.

That's gotta be the first time a jeep build has been compared to Oprah tho..... :o
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 10:10:16 PM by F_Bill »
Owner of the world famous?? Pintojeep 3A and one yet to be named stock project 3A.
Based in central TX and upstate NY.

Offline Gunslinger

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 07:20:23 AM »
Ohhh, its all about the DRAMA!!! 8-)

Offline Comanche_County

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 02:48:28 AM »
Sorry fellas, everything is good, I'm off in Georgia right now on a cross country quest to find a Koenig model 51/58 PTO, think I may have found one on an M38A1 on CL here �,,,,umm wait a minute, I meant to say that I'm getting some time in with the youngins for the holidays. �Yup, that's what I'm doing.

Bill, does Durtch still have the 52' 3A? �I'm trying to save for it. �But not doing a good job, keep finding stuff, I'm coming back with a set of waggy axles for a Jeep I don't own yet and a header for my big MJ and probably some other junk I'm still thinking about.
Georgia President of the International Flat Fender Club

Offline Comanche_County

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 01:10:24 AM »
That's gotta be the first time a jeep build has been compared to Oprah tho..... :o

BTW, I'm actually going for more of a Jerry Springer type build full of dysfunctional family infighting, cousin lovin and mass alcohol consumption than a feel good "everything will be alright" type of Oprah build.  What fun would there be in that?

Offline F Bill

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 05:50:17 PM »
Sorry fellas, everything is good, I'm off in Georgia right now on a cross country quest to find a Koenig model 51/58 PTO, think I may have found one on an M38A1 on CL here �,,,,umm wait a minute, I meant to say that I'm getting some time in with the youngins for the holidays. �Yup, that's what I'm doing.

Bill, does Durtch still have the 52' 3A? �I'm trying to save for it. �But not doing a good job, keep finding stuff, I'm coming back with a set of waggy axles for a Jeep I don't own yet and a header for my big MJ and probably some other junk I'm still thinking about.

I beleive I saw it in the back winking at me.. I must have gotten there a day or so after you first talked to him about it as his buddy that is always there playing solitaire said you had just bought it he thought..Took me three trips to find him there, but his buds are always there..Nice looking 3A from what I could tell in the dark shop.

I tried to PM ya to give you a hard time about it a while back but no PM at the time.

Remember if you get too much jeep junk and have to move 1800 miles it gets expensive. BTDT and aint moved it all yet either..  :o
Owner of the world famous?? Pintojeep 3A and one yet to be named stock project 3A.
Based in central TX and upstate NY.

Offline Comanche_County

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 09:04:44 PM »
Thanks, I was there when he bought it and he promised he'd hold it for me but I'm currently broke as a bum living in a van down by the river.  Its pretty nice and all the rust has been fixed, its solid, the hat channels repaired very well and it runs sweeter than Maria Callas doing Violetta Aria when I drove it briefly it was real peppy, stronger than her crescendo in Habenero.  Its really nice, IMHO Aristotle Onasis may have bought Jackie O, but he himself couldn't couldn't afford such a fine Jeep.

Offline Comanche_County

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 09:37:28 PM »
Teasers! �:o �

That's my Deep Slate 5.9er in the background.... 8-)

Offline Gunslinger

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 11:05:44 PM »
That might be worth a trip Texas, where did you Durtch?