The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Putting the Bantam to Work!  (Read 4205 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Chasm

  • Flatfender Enthusiast
  • ***
  • Posts: 135
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Bald Heads for Flat Heads
    • View Profile
Putting the Bantam to Work!
« on: January 18, 2012, 04:05:06 PM »
We had an unseasonably warm weekend in Southern Pennsylvania a week ago. I had procrastinated with some of my yard work... specifically cutting down all of the ornamental zebra grass and saw grass that I thought was such a great idea a number of years ago. Anyways, it was so nice out, I really wanted to play with the CJ3A. That never gets to happen in the middle of January! So, I decided to turn a chore into some fun! I took Old Yeller out of the garage, hooked up the Bantam trailer with my newly restored side racks in place, and used it to haul off all of the grasses and brush I was cutting. Got a lot of strange looks from passersby as I was going down the road to the brush pile! Heck, I drive a Willys, I'm used to it!  ;)

Jeeps are like potato chips. It's hard to stop at just one!

Offline Matto

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 361
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Putting the Bantam to Work!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 07:12:29 PM »
That's a really nice setup Chasm, You can sure put alot of brush in there.
We hit 60'+ in CT a week ago last Saturday and put 34 miles on the Jeep just driving around town.
Matt
1949 CJ3A project,1954 CJ3B weekend driver,2012 JK Rubicon DD and weekend trail rig,2016 Ford F350 for dragging cool stuff home :)

Offline athawk11

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2818
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • 1949 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Re: Putting the Bantam to Work!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 07:33:31 PM »
That is one nice set up.  I think I remember your post on the Bantam restoration.  It's been cold here in Colorado.  This weekend is suppose to be nice.  I have Jeep plans myself.

Tim
2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A

Offline Gunslinger

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 942
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Cj3a, M38A1,
    • View Profile
Re: Putting the Bantam to Work!
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 07:51:11 PM »
Chasm,
That is so sweet!!
Climbs trees, hides in the long grass, hangs out with wet dogs...

Offline calvinhunt

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1000
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Let's keep these great American icons alive!
    • View Profile
Re: Putting the Bantam to Work!
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 12:49:39 PM »
OK Guys,
 ï¿½Now you've gone and done it. �You've stirred up my Jeep hormones with your January Jeepin' posts to the extent that I've got to dig mine out of hibernation and do a little driving. �

 ï¿½No, I don't have an enviable Bantam trailer to show off, but we're supposed to have unseasonably warm weather here in Southern Utah for the next few days so now is my chance. �

 ï¿½Even though I store my Jeep for the winter, I always drive it a bit each month just to keep it oiled and limbered up (even if I don't get a warm day).
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 12:51:33 PM by calvinhunt »
Calvin
Santa Clara, Utah

Offline Gunslinger

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 942
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Cj3a, M38A1,
    • View Profile
Re: Putting the Bantam to Work!
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 04:28:35 PM »
Usually it gets a little more comfortable here in March or late February,(MPLS)  I like to put on the Mad Bomber hat, plug in good cigar and go driving around on the lake visiting ice Fishermen.  They get a kick out of and so do I.  Ice is usually about 30 Inches deep by then.  This year may be different.
Climbs trees, hides in the long grass, hangs out with wet dogs...

Offline rocketeer

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1328
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Support Our Troops.
    • View Profile
Re: Putting the Bantam to Work!
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 07:40:40 PM »
That's what I like to see, other people working. I can stand and watch it for hours! :)

Larry

Offline calvinhunt

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1000
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Let's keep these great American icons alive!
    • View Profile
Re: Putting the Bantam to Work!
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 08:23:06 PM »
As I opened the door to its garage the little '49 Willys started wagging its tail and was anxious to go for a drive. �It was coat weather, however, for my wife and I.


We've had a little snow so far this year but it's all gone except for the remnants in the mountains.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 08:24:50 PM by calvinhunt »
Calvin
Santa Clara, Utah

Offline Matto

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 361
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Putting the Bantam to Work!
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 06:13:06 PM »
Jeeps get cabin fever too.  ;)
1949 CJ3A project,1954 CJ3B weekend driver,2012 JK Rubicon DD and weekend trail rig,2016 Ford F350 for dragging cool stuff home :)

Offline Comanche_County

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 252
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Putting the Bantam to Work!
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 06:24:09 PM »
I love yellow Jeeps!  Beautiful!





Not a flatty but here's my 74'.


Georgia President of the International Flat Fender Club

Offline Chasm

  • Flatfender Enthusiast
  • ***
  • Posts: 135
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Bald Heads for Flat Heads
    • View Profile
Re: Putting the Bantam to Work!
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2012, 02:58:27 PM »
 :)
Jeeps are like potato chips. It's hard to stop at just one!