The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: 1950 CJ3A budget build  (Read 43110 times)

Offline Trenton

• Flatfender Enthusiast
  • Still Plays With Jeeps
    • View Profile
Re: 1950 CJ3A budget build
« Reply #105 on: May 06, 2016, 08:33:38 AM »
yet another example of the quality of person drawn to flatties... after i posted that i was in need of a speedo cable one of our amazing members took it upon himself to send me one. he said he had a spare and if i needed it i could have it. he wouldn't take any payment even for shipping. THANK YOU!!! it arrived in the mail a week later, last night I got the new speedo cable in and for the first time in i guess at least 35 years she has a working speedo. i pulled the old cable and it is pretty obvious why it wasn't working. took it for a drive and compared it to my GPS, speedo said 40MPH and GPS said 35. i think my tires are a bit bigger than stock so should that make up for the difference of 5mph?

also a pic of the completed painted tool box floor.

1950 CJ3A... Work in progress

Offline Trenton

• Flatfender Enthusiast
  • Still Plays With Jeeps
    • View Profile
Re: 1950 CJ3A budget build
« Reply #106 on: May 06, 2016, 08:50:25 PM »
Well I met up with Chuck, he's on the 2A page. Forget his username there but in July he's planning a flat fender get together near where I live. So we went to pre-run some trails and really it was the ol' girls first actual off-road shake down. Did great! Met good guys and ran some nice trails with amazing scenery. Looking forward to the run July 17-24. Camping on site at Chucks place and I just live 45km away. Probably camp as I plan a few after trail beers :D

On with the pics
1950 CJ3A... Work in progress