The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Hello from Sunny Arizona  (Read 4018 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline barkerka

  • Posts: 3
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Hello from Sunny Arizona
« on: January 28, 2015, 08:06:28 PM »
Hello all,
I have just joined the CJ-3A group from Kingman, AZ near old Route 66.  Having completed a military '42 Ford GPW and T3 Trailer restoration I hope to extend my knowledge with CJs now.  I look forward to everyone's post and expertise.

I enjoy all of the basics that go with Jeeps, including but not limited to Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms.

Offline RICKG

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 265
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • I never met a mule i didn't like.
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Sunny Arizona
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 10:28:32 AM »
Was raised just down the road in Seligman on RT66 back in the day before I-40 bypassed the town. There are still some interesting "characters" there. Both Mom and Dad are buried there so I stop and visit every so often..
OD MULE MC51986

Offline athawk11

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2818
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • 1949 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Sunny Arizona
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 11:19:55 AM »
Welcome to the 3A Page. 

I did see the project up for sale. Looks pretty decent for the price you're asking.

Now it's time to show us your good stuff. :)  Don't leave out the GPW.

Tim
2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A

Offline Kirkski

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 526
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Still Plays With Jeeps
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Sunny Arizona
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 08:59:33 PM »
Welcome! You'll find lots of great talented people on this site

 Kirk
'52 CJ-3A

Offline johnrb3b

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 906
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • No such thing as too many Jeeps - well maybe
    • View Profile
    • Jeeps and stuff
Re: Hello from Sunny Arizona
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 04:08:33 PM »
Welcome.
You must explain your avatar.
Where is it and what's the vehicle? I can't figure out what it is from the tiny picture.
1946 2A - - - 1949 me - older than most of my Jeeps
1954 3B - - - 1957 Wagon - - - 2010 4-door JK
past Jeeps ---> '54 3B - no tub --- '59 3B - no engine
past addiction - VW ---> '69 bus --- '70 camper

Offline Ryan_M

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1704
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Sunny Arizona
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 04:36:20 PM »
Welcome to the site. I recognize that pic....good stuff!

Current:
'49 CJ3A
'51 CJ3A
'42 Willys MB-T
'47 Bantam T3-C
Previous:
'46 2A
'51 3A
'52 3A
'52 M38
'54 3B
East Coast Wi

Offline barkerka

  • Posts: 3
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Sunny Arizona
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 08:41:13 PM »
Yea, I have always liked that ad, I call it 'pucker factor'. I used to study it when I was a kid and wonder what the *&^%$.

Offline athawk11

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2818
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • 1949 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Sunny Arizona
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2015, 10:31:52 PM »
I've always wondered if that photo was real or doctored.  If real, that would rate #1 on theucker factor. ;)

Tim
2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A

Offline Quebec Jeep

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1193
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • CJ-3A 1950
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Sunny Arizona
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2015, 04:36:31 PM »
Welcome!
I'm jeepcoholic!

Offline garage gnome

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1947
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Rustologist
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Sunny Arizona
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2015, 05:51:13 AM »
Welcome! You should find lots of good info here.
Nate in Western MA 1953 3A #3268, The Jalopy, '47 2A Wheelin' rig, '49 3A, #37071, unmolested, bone stock named Ted