The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: pinion seals help  (Read 2716 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline specialty

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 254
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • 1952 CJ3A
    • View Profile
pinion seals help
« on: May 10, 2016, 07:47:52 AM »
Are the pinion seals the same on the front and rear Dana 44 and 25's? I get the NAPA and Advance Auto number as 15788 for both. Is this correct? If not what is the Dana 44 number or am I wrong on both? Thanks

Offline aboyandhisdog

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 760
  • Karma: +0/-1
    • View Profile
Re: pinion seals help
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 11:47:13 AM »
I used the #5778 or 5778V (vitron) for the Dana 44.  That is a National part #.  It crosses to the Willys #639265.  The front and rear appear to use the same seal.
Tom


Offline specialty

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 254
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • 1952 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Re: pinion seals help
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 12:49:40 PM »
Quote
I used the #5778 or 5778V (vitron) for the Dana 44.� That is a National part #.� It crosses to the Willys #639265.� The front and rear appear to use the same seal.

After I called NAPA that is what the man told me. He said the must both use the same seal. Thanks for your help.

Offline Ryan_M

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1704
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: pinion seals help
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 01:11:29 PM »
Dana 25 & 44 use the same pinion seal.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 01:11:41 PM by Ryan_M »
Current:
'49 CJ3A
'51 CJ3A
'42 Willys MB-T
'47 Bantam T3-C
Previous:
'46 2A
'51 3A
'52 3A
'52 M38
'54 3B
East Coast Wi

Offline specialty

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 254
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • 1952 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Re: pinion seals help
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 04:24:55 PM »
Quote
Dana 25 & 44 use the same pinion seal.

Thanks Ryan, I need to replace my rear one but might as well do both when I get it on a lift.