So after an exhausting search for a 3A back seat, I finally found one.� About a month ago, my Dad sent me an email with a link to a back seat on ebay.� The reason I mention this, is because if you know my Dad that fact that he sent me an email.......with a link..........that actually works.......to something he found on ebay............is a story worth sharing.
Anyway, he had found a reproduction back seat on ebay that was listed for $140.� I thought there was no way it would stay at that price, but low and behold a week later I won the auction.� Plus shipping and handling and I'm in this seat for under $180.� Having remembered Randy's post with his reproduction back seat I knew there would be some small tweeks I would probably have to make...
When I received the seat, I quickly unpackaged it and tried to fit it in.� No go.� After looking things over, I figured out all I had to do was bend the front legs out about 1" for everything to fit.� Like Randy, I will also probably add a weld bead to the front legs to make the feet a little stiffer.� Also, I plan on stripping it down to bare metal and painting everything from scratch.� However, all in all I was pretty satisfied with Dad's ebay find!

Now, the real issue.� When I called Beachwood Canvas for cushins and covers, when I told them it was a reproduction seat, they asked me what my seat pans measured.� The CORRECT measurments should be 13" for the bottom seat pan and 15" for the back pan....
Bottom pan..

Back pan..

Turns out, MD Juan had an issue for a while with someone in the plant using bottom pans for both the bottom and the back (probably explains why I found this one so cheap).� Beachwood found the issue and let MD Juan know, but
I'm sure there are more incorrect seats out there.� While it is not a big issue for Beachwood to make cushins and covers to fit this smaller pan, they have to know about it up front.
Just another reason why I'm a big fan of Beachwood Canvas and their quality products and excellent service! [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]