The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Transmission crossmember and pedal dimensions  (Read 1367 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Buildinghippy

  • Project Jeep (Newbie)
  • *
  • Posts: 21
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Plays With Jeeps
    • View Profile
Transmission crossmember and pedal dimensions
« on: May 15, 2013, 06:23:48 PM »
I have  searched this page and the 2a site and I could not find what I was looking for. Tryin to find to location of both, so that I can check that my crossmember is in the right place and to figure out where the pedals go. Looking for the dimensions as pulled off the rearmost crossmember. Thanks in advance for all the help.
1950 CJ3A, cj2a windshild, ford 289

Offline athawk11

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2818
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • 1949 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Re: Transmission crossmember and pedal dimensions
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 07:05:55 PM »
BH,

Are you looking to position the Tranny/TC support?� If so, I found it easier and more accurate to measure from the center of the rear leaf spring mount, forward, to the Tranny/TC cross member mounting holes.� They are at: 20 1/2" and 23" to center.

If I misunderstand what you are trying to measure, post back and I run out and do it again.

Tim
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 07:10:16 PM by athawk11 »
2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A

Offline Buildinghippy

  • Project Jeep (Newbie)
  • *
  • Posts: 21
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Plays With Jeeps
    • View Profile
Re: Transmission crossmember and pedal dimensions
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 07:36:27 PM »
Tim thank you for the help, that was just what I needed.
1950 CJ3A, cj2a windshild, ford 289