The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: inside rear view mirror  (Read 3363 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Bedrock

  • Willys Fan
  • **
  • Posts: 55
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
inside rear view mirror
« on: May 08, 2012, 09:03:13 AM »
If anyone has a factory installed inside rear view mirror, I would appreciate it if you could tell me how far down from the top edge of the windshield frame the 2 bolt holes are drilled.  Perhaps there is another way of describing where the mirror is mounted.  

Thanking you in advance,

George

Offline Carls_jeep

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1746
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • ...
    • View Profile
Re: inside rear view mirror
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 10:51:33 AM »
I have an after market rear view mirror with three holes. The two holes on each side are mounted 1" below the inside top of the frame and the mirror arm just clears the rubber on the window. I don't know if the original mirror is the same as the replacements.

Offline athawk11

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2818
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • 1949 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Re: inside rear view mirror
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 10:51:47 AM »
Hey Bedrock.

I just found the center point, set the mirror mounting bracket top edge right up against the underside edge of the windshield frame, marked and drilled. �Not sure if it is "Factory Correct", but it looked the best to me.

This is the only photo I have where you can kind of see the mounting bolts.

Tim

2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A

Offline Bedrock

  • Willys Fan
  • **
  • Posts: 55
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: inside rear view mirror
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 08:11:43 PM »
Thank you both very much for the information. �I think with what you have told me I can put mine on, and it will be satisfactory.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 09:03:24 PM by Bedrock »

Offline calvinhunt

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1000
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Let's keep these great American icons alive!
    • View Profile
Re: inside rear view mirror
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 12:03:59 PM »
If it's not too late to help out a picture taken from an original Willys manual that shows the position of the mirror is on the home page at:
www.flatfenderfever.com
Just a quick click here, scroll down a bit, and you'll see it.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 12:06:18 PM by calvinhunt »
Calvin
Santa Clara, Utah

Offline Bedrock

  • Willys Fan
  • **
  • Posts: 55
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: inside rear view mirror
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 08:18:14 PM »
Thank you very much for the heads up.  No, it's not too late.  I just ordered the mirror.  Thanks again.

George