The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Need quick windshield length and width measurement  (Read 2978 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline F Bill

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1402
  • Karma: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Need quick windshield length and width measurement
« on: August 16, 2011, 06:00:14 PM »
Hey guys, I am trying to ID a stainless windshield, and I could use the measurement of the glass area from someone with a stocker...as possibly it can be ID'd as one particualr brand if it is an inch smaller than a stock windshield. �All I need is the length and width, including the rubber, as measured on the outside. Thanks in advance...(I'd check my own 3A but it is a little too far a walk right now, down in TX and I am in Dubuque, IA...)
Owner of the world famous?? Pintojeep 3A and one yet to be named stock project 3A.
Based in central TX and upstate NY.

Offline Bob W

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2309
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Need quick windshield length and width measure
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 08:03:17 PM »
CJ-3A to the outside of the rubber is 14"x50"
Bob W

Offline F Bill

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1402
  • Karma: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Need quick windshield length and width measure
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 09:31:04 PM »
Thanks Bob, that's the same as I got on the stainless one.
Owner of the world famous?? Pintojeep 3A and one yet to be named stock project 3A.
Based in central TX and upstate NY.

Offline Gunslinger

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 942
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Cj3a, M38A1,
    • View Profile
Re: Need quick windshield length and width measure
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 01:13:00 PM »
Sorry to hear your in Dubuque, spent a lifetime there one week. 8-)
Climbs trees, hides in the long grass, hangs out with wet dogs...

Offline F Bill

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1402
  • Karma: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Need quick windshield length and width measure
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 03:26:41 PM »
We get to drive thru WIsconsin tomorrow at 6 AM, and hit the ferry into MI, then I can spend a lifetime in Michigan  for the weekend. Anyone know anything going on in Michigan this weekend??? ....we will be in Luddington I think.
Owner of the world famous?? Pintojeep 3A and one yet to be named stock project 3A.
Based in central TX and upstate NY.

Offline Gunslinger

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 942
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Cj3a, M38A1,
    • View Profile
Re: Need quick windshield length and width measure
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 06:06:50 PM »
Ludington is prety cool, I think you will like it. They do a lot of 4 wheeling in the dunes south of there, lots of good jeeping.  There is a big reservoir near there as well.   They pump it up at night and let the water out through some huge turbines during the day to make electricity.  They might do tours.
Climbs trees, hides in the long grass, hangs out with wet dogs...