The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Had my Jeep out today  (Read 2298 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline calvinhunt

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1000
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Let's keep these great American icons alive!
    • View Profile
Had my Jeep out today
« on: March 19, 2013, 11:16:13 PM »
By the end of my CJ-3A restoration 6 years ago, like many of you, I ended up with a bunch of extra parts including another Jeep, which served as my parts Jeep. �At the end of my project I got rid of most of the surplus, but I kept the spare parts Jeep. �A friend with a large lot, who lives on the edge of town, told me I could park it in the back of his property. �However, a few days ago he said he had sold the property where the Jeep is and that I would need to move it. �I'm glad I have more than one friend who lives on the edge of town with a large lot. �With his permission I relocated the parts Jeep today.


Backed up to remove the parts Jeep from its 6 year resting place.


On the road to the new resting place.


Backing it in.


And there it will sit till....
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 11:16:50 PM by calvinhunt »
Calvin
Santa Clara, Utah

Offline Quebec Jeep

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1193
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • CJ-3A 1950
    • View Profile
Re: Had my Jeep out today
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 09:08:24 AM »
I have a lot of place if you needed it for your restored one's.  ;)
Just give me the key! ;D
I'm jeepcoholic!

Offline athawk11

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2818
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • 1949 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Re: Had my Jeep out today
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 02:08:35 PM »
Quote
And there it will sit till....

Calvin, are you gearing up for another project?

Tim
2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A

Offline jamesr

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 343
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • If it's not broke, it's not used.
    • View Profile
Re: Had my Jeep out today
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 05:27:56 PM »
You touched it, you moved it, you build it! JamesR
Home of the 4-wheel drive chicken coup.

Offline calvinhunt

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1000
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Let's keep these great American icons alive!
    • View Profile
Re: Had my Jeep out today
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 02:43:37 AM »
[size=12][size=11]Nope! It's too far gone for my rebuilding skills. �It's in possession of lots of Bubba mods. �There is no title. The engine with a cracked block is loaded in the back of the parts Jeep. �The transmission is frozen in neutral. �The transfer case is not frozen. �Both rear ends seem to be pretty tight. �It was complete when I got it. �Both a friend and I have used parts from it as needed in our restoration projects. �[/size][/size]
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 02:46:02 AM by calvinhunt »
Calvin
Santa Clara, Utah