The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Willys booster shot  (Read 2121 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Bob W

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2309
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Willys booster shot
« on: March 05, 2011, 07:27:17 PM »
I just got a Willys booster shot today ;D Went to one of the first Military Vehicle swap meets of the season. It was the Redball Meet at Jim Thorpe. It's a great way to boost enthusiasm after a long winter. Also stopped in at Walcks 4WD to BS and pick up a few small parts. It was a good day.
Bob W

Offline F Bill

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1402
  • Karma: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Willys booster shot
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 07:33:26 PM »
Sounds like fun, Bob...You guys in the Northeast were thawed out enough for a show already? We went back in to the freezer here in Texas last night... I've been doing ball joints in my F-150  today and it sure is cold.

One thing I reely miss because of my traveling for work is the ability to just up and go to the local shows...Lately I have been away every time there was a show or ride I wanted to go to. You are right, attending a show is like a booster shot. Even better for me is going on a jeep trail ride in Colorado... now that really gets the old shop projects going.  :D
Owner of the world famous?? Pintojeep 3A and one yet to be named stock project 3A.
Based in central TX and upstate NY.

Offline Bob W

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2309
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Willys booster shot
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 07:46:17 PM »
The weather in PA was okay today for the event. Some light rain but warm. Of course it's inside so the weather isn't a big factor.

Someday I hope to attend the Colorado Fall Colors Tour. The timing just never works out for me. We did get a personal tour when we stopped in to visit Mike a few years ago. Of course it just isn't the same without a dozen or so flat fender Jeeps!

Calvin is hosting a fall ride in Utah this year. That will be fun. Unfortunately I can't attend that ride  :(  Calvin is a great host and really knows the history of the area where he lives. He took us on a tour when we were passing through a couple years ago.
Bob W

Offline rocketeer

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1328
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Support Our Troops.
    • View Profile
Re: Willys booster shot
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 10:14:43 PM »
Sorry I missed the show this year. Ended up in the ER early Thursday with an infection and am housebound with pain and antibiotics for a few days. �:'(

Larry