1
Once You've Joined / Re: Hello from Brazil...
« on: December 19, 2017, 10:48:09 AM »Quote
Hi Leonardo,
I wanted to see the inside face of the tailgate to see if it is reinforced like an M-38.� It has Willys script, so it would be unusual to have both the 3A"Willys" and the M-38 reinforcement.
The fenders are from a Willys MB.� I don't think Willys was still making MB fenders by 1951, so these may be replacements done by the Brazilian Army.� �
The Grille is M-38.� This might have come from Willys this way.� I can't say.�
I don't recognize the carburetor.� The PCV valve is disconnected/pinched off.� This is usually connected to the valve cover.
It really is mostly a 3A with some M38 bolt-ons.� Perhaps Bob W will give us all a little more insight on this one.� �� �
Tks athawk11 for your comments.
As i told you i have to unscrew the backseat to have a good picture of inside tailgate. As soon as i have the chance i will do it and post it here.
The carburetor on the foto came from a 1300 VW. I am still looking for a Carter WO to replace it. If you know anyone on the market please let me know.
Brgds,
Leo
