The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - rocketeer

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31
1
PAST EVENTS: / Re: The 13th Great Willys Picnic, Show and Swap Me
« on: June 12, 2012, 07:32:10 AM »
Quote
Larry, we missed ya this year.
Thanks Bob. First one I've missed in 7 years. Still looking for a cheap tow dolly.

Larry

2
PAST EVENTS: / Re: The 13th Great Willys Picnic, Show and Swap Me
« on: June 11, 2012, 09:32:23 PM »
Congrats, Bob, on a successful show.

Larry

3
Thank you. It's been a long time since I updated it. I have to decide if I want to go through all that or just retire it. �:-/

Larry

4
Quote
I wonder if I'm going to have to re-adjust my toe in once I'm all back together?

Tim
I don't think you'll have to if you haven't had the tierods disassembled but it's worth checking.

Larry

5
If the new caps don't thread all the way in I'd use the old caps, providing the concave one isn't worn too much.

Larry

6
Flip over the two end plugs and see if one is concave.

Larry

7
The original link had two different size caps on the ends. I'd be interested to know if the repros do or are they both the same size now.

Larry

8
All things being equal, and if there are no clearance issues, then I would install it with the rear zerk pointing down. If there's one thing we've learned over the years it's that Willys manual illustrations are not infallible, especially when talking about repro parts. �;)

Larry

9
You guys that have the long end at the back, which way does the grease zerk face at that end? Up?

Larry

10
Does this help? Short straight section towards steering box, longer straight section towards front.



Larry

11
This should help:

http://cj3b.info/Tech/Spare.html

Be sure to also click on the links near the bottom of the article for additional pics underneath the fender. Also click on the link for the vibration dampener. See that little black thing above the wheel opening?



Larry

12
Quote
That is cool! I've never seen a 3A owners manual. I've always assumed it was the same as a 2A. You should print up some copies of all that stuff (even the envelope). I'd definitely be a buyer for two!
http://www.acheronpress.com/dsb/cj3a/CJ3A.htm

Larry

13
Sadly, the repros don't have the drain hole. As for the script, some guys have cut out just the script from their old toolbox and grafted it into the front of the new one. Less work than a complete toolbox transplant. �;)

Larry

14
In case anyone's interested here's the difference between CJ2A and CJ3A toolbox lids. In addition to the difference in lids, the lips on the box itself are different. The Omix repro box is the 3A type.

CJ2A, vertical brace with a double cabinet clip that fastens over an exposed rod in the toolbox and has a rear support for the brace:


CJ3A, horizontal brace with a single spring clip that snaps under the lip of the toolbox. Note the drain hole and rubber seal:


Larry

15
If the seal is installed correctly, and the lid matches the toolbox, �the toolbox is indeed waterproof from the top. The CJ2A and CJ3A toolboxes are different and you can not mix and match lids. Later models had a drain running from the channel around the seal out the back of the box.

Drain hole as seen from above:


Drain channel:


Drain hole out rear of box through the floor riser:


Larry

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31