The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - MarkA

Pages: [1]
1
Your CJ-3A Project / Trapper update
« on: May 19, 2016, 09:22:50 PM »
still working on plan to drive around yard. Pretty much saved brake pedal replacing the rest, turned drums had to swap 1, ended up taking front backing plates off to remove adjusters and kept going. I have new oil seals,pinion in and hopefully soon  knuckles back on. E brake works now with new output seal. Rear axle just pinion and outerseal for now. Went threw carb should have gotten master kit. Did plugs wires ect. still have to check lifters. The compresion was 89  90.
No real big surprizes other then rock hits the front diff cover was touching ring gear, lip on front backing plate folded, and rear axle drain plug mashed good. I read someone posts about the jeeps telling their story bet some of those rocks were good ones. I've never gone threw as many rags and parts cleaner wow! Funny thing I'm happy as hell, have a list of stuff to look for when really get at it in fall "yep I'll call you Ryan" and just figure anything I do now will be done or come apart easy next time and be a alot cleaner.

2
Once You've Joined / Re: Alan in Maine
« on: June 24, 2016, 08:55:19 PM »
I agree on the fun bombing around the yard. Ryan got me too.

3
Once You've Joined / Trappers new owner
« on: April 23, 2016, 07:32:47 PM »
First I'd like to say what a pleasure it was meeting Ryan there is no hiding the love he has for Willys, and that was before he passed on on this site, catalog, and calendar to me. Short goal for the jeep is drain refill everything, make brakes work, tune, ect. I'd like to just figure out what i have, and play in yard. Come this fall strip it down and start. Ryan was right the tub is gone, but there is alot to save and reuse like my new favorite thing the foot rest which no matter how hard I pushed would not engage starter. The frame is great and will blast smooth.  Some brake parts, plugs, wires,hub puller  and service manual came today.  I'm very excited about Trapper I've always wanted a flat fender jeep.   I will try to share my progress and sure I'll have questions.  please pardon my lack of tech savy as this my first post anywhere

Pages: [1]